Baby sleep problem

kettyy

Reaction score
Hello,
I am having problems putting down my 4 week old. Everytime I feed her, than put her down for a napy , 10 minutes later she is crying. I have tried even feeding her more but its the same situation. I never can put her down without her crying 10 minutes later. It is not her stomach, I have tried gripe water and gas drops as well. What can it be and what should I do ? Thank you !

sounds like she just wants mummy.

is she going into a Moses basket? have you tried swaddling? or putting a hot water bottle in for a little while before baby?

Was she ok going down to sleep before? It could be growth spurt if you find she's feeding more often too. Mine gets more clingy and upset and refuses to go down when that happens... if it's that, you just have to go with it until it passes!
Other than that, the hot water bottle suggestion worked for us too sometimes ;-)

Last edited:
Sounds like reflux hun, could be silent if she's not getting sick

Burp her every time you feed her.

In my case, my baby wants to be nursed to sleep. So, she is latched to me until she is fast asleep.

My baby nurses to sleep aswell wish i could put her down and let her fall asleep. My hv told me untill 6 weeks babies are very clingy. She just wants to be held and cuddled. I thought my baby had reflux but i dont want to give her meds. I keep her upright after a feed and sometimes tilt her crib.

Why do you not want to give her meds for reflux? She will be in pain without them as acid will be coming from her stomach up through her throat. It's like heartburn but so much worse.

Hv is not 100% its reflux and i dont want togive meds if its not needed. She suffers bad wind so iv been giving gripe water seems to have helped.

Why do you not want to give her meds for reflux? She will be in pain without them as acid will be coming from her stomach up through her throat. It's like heartburn but so much worse.

Because reflux is exaggeratedly over diagnosed and it's very sad to see gp's prescribe medicines without checking same with anti biotics. But they can actually check whether it's actual reflux by checking the ph of the breath they just don't do it.

Hv is not 100% its reflux and i dont want togive meds if its not needed. She suffers bad wind so iv been giving gripe water seems to have helped.

Ohh! I apologise, I completely misread. I didn't realise your first post said you thought she had, I thought she had been diagnosed. My mistake

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back