Baby sickness

Levi89

Reaction score
I dont know if I'm over thinking this but as a new mum I need to ask...

The past couple of nights after Casey's night feed she lies awake and every so often pulls her knees up to her chest and lets out painful grunts and a cry which lasts a few seconds or so. I used to think she was just filing her nappy but shes not? Now though she brings back up her bottle. I know they are sick and stuff but this much after one feed?

Im scared incase she has a bug or something and gets dehydrated?

Is this normal or should I mention it to the doctor? She is only two weeks old xx

Tilly has this. She's being treated for reflux.

Are you getting the wind up properly? This can bring feeds up as well.

Don't leave it too long if you think it's not right because it could get worse and I wouldn't want you to be in my position now!!

Tor you always come to my rescue! Lol :) Well we spoke to the midwife because she wasn't winding at all so she said about infacol which has helped massively and she winds after every feed. But tonight and last night she just isnt settling at all. It makes me sad (and I'm shattered with it all too!) :( xxx

The grunting drives me mad lol.

Have you elevated one end of the Moses basket? This might help in the mean time. I'd go to see the doc though if it carries on x

Yeah the midwife suggested that as well but it stopped her being sick for a while! Now shes in her cot - do you think it'll still be ok in there? Xxx

Can you elevate the mattress or something? Or how about putting the Moses basket in the cot?

Try winding her for longer. It sounds like wind of she is pullin her legs up and grunting. Have u tried keeping her uptight during/after feeding? That helps with wind too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back