Baby Shopping....

Xcitedmum

Reaction score
Hi All! I was just wondering how prepared you all are in terms of how much you have bought for your little one.

This is what I have so far:
Nappies
Wipes
Bottles & Teats & Dummies
Steriliser
Have started to buy tubs of Aptimil
changing station which includes bath (sister bought this for me :))
all baby toiletires - which can't be used until baby is 6 weeks old
have bought things like infacol and nappy rash cream
Travel cot & mattress & sheets
changing bag
nappy bin
monitors
have bought the stuff that I need for my hospital bag, dark jammies and maternity pads and breast pads and toielries.....
Am being given both a moses basket and crib
Sister is buying me a bouncer
Brother is buying me a playmat

Have picked my pram but not bought yet (new Icandy range so not available for another month or two)
Have also picked nursery furniture but not purchased yet - but am likely to do this in the next week or 2. Will buy mattress etc accordingly

I am finding it hard to make decisions as I am team yellow so I kinda confuse myself about colours etc - needless to say the nursery is still cream and I still haven't picked a theme for it yet!

I haven't even started on baby clothing! - Am I being too laid back about the shopping bit? I have 11 weeks to go..... Is there anything I have missed that you would deem to be important to have?

After i got the big things out the way (pram travel system (incl car seat and carry cot), moses basket etc), i got what i think i would need if baba was to arrive early, so i got big bag nappies, wipes, muslin, dummies, sleepsuits, bibs, a hat, vest, scratch mits, things like that. i'm now bulking up on clothing :), got a baby bath, my next mission is my hospital bag... Need to start looking at that!

I do worry i don't have enough though, I've laid everything out in baba's room and trying to work out what i still have to get. I'm planning on breast feeding, but i think i will need formula incase it doesn't go well, also thinking about a pump - but too sure about that! x x x

I have everything sorted now although I would hope so seen as I'm due on Friday!! xx

yes the car seat will come with my pram so I have covered that - what I didn't mention up there is the base for car and the wee mirror but I intend to change my car (I drive a mini) so that is holding that bit up!

I can def see the logic in the order you have bought things - I need to get my finger out and get some sleepsuits/bibs/ muslins etc. Might do that tomorrow actually! Yip my shopping order is definately scatty to say the least!

I've just bought the very basic stuff that baby will need and the very minimum of that as well. Not knowing if its a boy or girl I didn't want to go out and buy a ton of stuff just now, also I was confused about getting newborn stuff or 0-3 months stuff. . I've bought all the stuff I'm going to need for expressing milk though. Also some blankets and etc but I haven't even got my crib yet coz of the company i ordered it from haven't got it in stock, even though it said it was instock on the website. grrr. I even had to call them to find out where it was as they didn't even bother telling me. Ive not got a pram either as we are waiting until it's here as I saw a really nice purple one but didn't want to get that if it's a boy. lol.

lol riot I nearly had a heart attack when I read you were all sorted until I got to the bit that you're due on Friday! Phhheeewwww!

Awww I hope it all goes well for you and that you go on time xxxx

snr you seem to be same as me - I just know that if I overdo the buying now I will regret it as I will want to buy a different colour depending on whether its a boy or girl. ! I don't intend to go mad on the clothes shopping for that exact reason. Good idea on holding off on pram - all my friends tell me that they hated their prams once their babies were born and they actually knew the sex. The only thing making me buy before baby is born is that you save money by buying a travel system which includes the all important car seat - can't get baby home without it!

I am secretly panicking that I am shopping too slow but know we will get there so trying to remain calm and just keep chipping away at it.

Have just realised that I haven't put baby bath and ear thermometers on my list - jes it really is an endless list!

snr you seem to be same as me - I just know that if I overdo the buying now I will regret it as I will want to buy a different colour depending on whether its a boy or girl. ! I don't intend to go mad on the clothes shopping for that exact reason. Good idea on holding off on pram - all my friends tell me that they hated their prams once their babies were born and they actually knew the sex. The only thing making me buy before baby is born is that you save money by buying a travel system which includes the all important car seat - can't get baby home without it!

I am secretly panicking that I am shopping too slow but know we will get there so trying to remain calm and just keep chipping away at it.

Have just realised that I haven't put baby bath and ear thermometers on my list - jes it really is an endless list!

My other half's mother bought us the car seat, so that pretty much sealed the deal on buying the pram after it was here. :).

I am a wee bit worried that I've not got enough stuff too and have been thinking maybe I should purchase some more things, but I just don't want to waste any money. I've got to be grippy just now as my other daughter who is about to turn 12 needs a pile of stuff as well. She is away to start Academy after the summer hols so she needs a load of new school things for that, plus it's her birthday and she is also away on some school trip in a couple of weeks. grrr. the list is endless! Money things always come at the same time!

It sounds like you are shopping fine by the way, you can always send someone out to get stuff once the baby is here if you are short as there will be plenty of people willing to help you out! plus it's a good excuse to go out with the baby and show it off to random people :lol:

Ive got,

Pram
Car Seat
Cot/Cot Mattress
Bouncer Chair
Steriliser
Nappies
Wipes
Baby toiletries (shampoo etc)
Cotton wool
Sponges
Brush/comb set
Blankets
Vests
Babygrows
Hats
Nappy Cream

I still need...

Moses basket/Crib
Cot bedding/Mobile
Monitors
Changing Mat
Bottles
Bibs
Towels
Formula milk
Dummies (just in case)
More clothes..

And the contents of my hospital bag!

eek still have a bit to buy, but we have been doing the nursery so all the spare money which would of been spent on the stuff above has gone on paint/blinds/curtains and furniture..

think a trip to kiddicare is on the cards this weekend!

we haven't brought a lot as of yet! we have;
- crib and mattress (being delivered end of June ... currently)
- monitor
- pram/travel system
- some vests, and a few all-in-one's all size 0-3 months
- breast pump (came with a bottle and steriliser) planning to breast feed and express so OH can help!

so still have loads to get, but I've got next week off work as holiday so going to spend a few days shopping :) and my mums coming round tomorrow so might drag her to a shop or two :)

Last edited:
it seems like we will all be fine! Its funny to see the different order we all buy in. I had intended to get the big stuff first but just randomly started to buy nappies and things one day when I saw that the Asda baby sale was on so thats kinda how I started in the middle!

i have everything as far as i know. plus hospital bag is packed and in the car incase.

wanted to be super organised as i worry otherwise.

you will be fine. it all comes together and like snr said you can always send someone out to get stuff. xxx

I LOVE lists. I am going to do a list like this right now on my laptop... :)

I'm all done with essentials and big stuff. I've bought lots of clothes too but have had to stop buying because my relatives are mega OTT and he'll end up with so much stuff that he won't get to wear before he out grows it! lol I don't think there's anything left to buy, although I did just realise he doesn't have a bin for his room lol. I finished packing our hospital bags today and my OH will have his room finished by Friday and then all we do is relax and wait for our baby to be born!! Yay! x

Here we go , I've got -

Cot/Moses basket/ all bedding 4 both
Cot mobile
Pram/ car seat
Sterilizer/ bottles/ teats/dummies
Milk
Blankets
Lots of clothes newborn/ 0/3 m
Mits/hat/socks/ bibs
Vest/babygrows
Changing bag - all packed 4baby @Hozzy
Play mat
Bouncing chair
Swing chair
Changing mat
Nappies
Wipes
Washing stuff ie bath wash, baby oil etc
Cotton wool
Baby sling
Changing box
Toys
Bum cream
First Teddy
Monitors
Bath support
Bottle warmer
Travel cot

For me-
Every thing for Hozzy bag wich is packed ie-
Pads/ bra pads/ disposable knickers
Towel
Pjs
Socks
Nightie
Bikini
Bobbled
Con/ shampoo
Deodorant
Face wipes
Cream
Tooth brush
Tooth paste
Dressing gown
Loose change
Brush
Paracetamol
Savlon
Just need put my make up in when I'm going

Think I've listed every thing ha but prob not x think it's safe to say I'm ready n waiting x

Ho sorry I need a Lil coat to bring baby home in n a present for my son of Lil lady when she's here x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back