baby poo?

Ebony_Mommy

Reaction score
With Jay being 10 days old..... how often should she be pooing if she was on mainly bottle...

and now that I've switched to exclusively breast,, how often should she poo?

**she's dropped from about 4 or 5 poos a day to 1 or 2 and she strains.. which is also why.. ive swopped formula for breast**

usually they say a breastfed baby should do 2 dirty nappies at least in a 24hr period, i think its less with bottlefed though

breastfed tend to not smell as much and are runnier too

hth :wave:

it all depends.

ive had two babies who have poo'd several times a day and two that have stored up the poo and poo'd every few days.
I was told that breast milk is so good that there isn't a lot of waste and its all used up in babies body. Thats why some breast fed babies don't poo as much.
All babies are individual. if your baby isn't in any discomfort then shes fine no matter how often she poo's / :)

Yeah I agree with budge, all babies are different, so it's too hard to say how many is normal, some days Brody would do 5 poos, some days 1.
Well done for making the switch to BF, hows it going now?

I was just breast feeding at first and Jake was having about 6 poos a day and it was reaally runny and didn't smell but now that I am breast and formula feeding he poos a lot less. I went to the doctors yesterday and told them that hadn't been for two days and they said don't worry until they haven't been for 4 days or if they are uncomfortable or straining a lot. Anyway I got back from the doctors and he poo'd (I didn't just go doctors for that). I wouldn't worry if she is going once or twice a day still but if she carries on straining after a day or two it might be worth seeing your doctor.

budge said:
it all depends.
I was told that breast milk is so good that there isn't a lot of waste and its all used up in babies body. Thats why some breast fed babies don't poo as much.
budge said:
:D I was told this too and it is a fact. I have more wet nappies than ones with poo ( well its not really poo its watery)

So don't worry ebs sounds right to me, keep it up :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back