Baby not engaged yet??

purplebluered

Reaction score
Had my 38 week midwife appt yesterday, and baby's still not engaged. Is this normal?? I know that it doesn't have any bearing on when baby arrives, but surely he would've started engaging by now? He's been head down for weeks and weeks, I can't remember a time when he wasn't!

Everything else is fine, and next appt is on my due date in 2 weeks :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm just wondering about the engaged thing.

Right off to read all the posts I've missed, I keep saying that everytime I come on, I mean to come on more often!!

yep thats quite normal, sometimes baby doesnt engage until he/she is ready to come out on the actual day so don't panic.

Thanks for that girls, I didn't know it could also be last minute! I knew it could be any time but not last minute :roll:

That'd also explain why my heartburn is getting worse on a daily basis, I guess as he keeps growing and not going down! :wall: :wall:

I don't think mine is engaged yet either - I asked the midwife today and she said "don't worry about that, his head is resting there and strong contractions will bring it down into the pelvis"

Evie isn't engaged either... She's head down but not engaged! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back