Baby monitors?

tinselcat

Reaction score
Hi all,

OH has asked me to research baby monitors and there seem to be so many types doing all sorts of fancy things (video, 2-way communication, etc!)

I was just wondering if you had any recommendations, or if there's any features that you think are vital?

xx

i have 2 types one is a Tommee Tippee sensor mat with monitor and has 2 way talking, the other is a Tomy video monitor to look at baby x both are very good bought them from mother care.

I had an analog one and never again it buzzed like crazy, ive got a tommee tippee digital one now and the sound is very clear x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

We have a video one which is great we can see her talk to her and hear her as well, its a motorola one. I put her down for naps in her room and shes now sleeping in her own room and when I have my panicky is she okay moments I can look at her and also hear her breathing. When she makes a noise the sound switches on in the monitor. I would recommend it this is ours, maybe you can get it cheaper elsewhere;

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Baby-Monitors/buy-MOTOROLA-MBP20-Baby-Monitor/756539?_$ja=kw:{keyword}|cgn:pla%26|tsid:21543|cn:plaHealth+%26+Beauty|mt:{MatchType}|crid:11597898546&gclid=CN77mqrNqq8CFQ1lfAod93DnXg

Forgot to add it plays music as well which is a bit naff but also has a room temperature on it too which I find very handy!

Last edited:
I have the bt one which also has a night light, light show and music. It is brilliant to be honest. We looked at video & sensor mat ones but decided to just go for this one instead

Very bog standard motorola one! Does the job we have no need for the fancy mats etc as he hasn't got any conditions, and I trust he's safe. I do occasionally check on him tho.

I've got an Angelcare one which includes a breathing sensor mat. I chose that one because it got consistently good write ups and the sensor mat is not prone to false alarms as long as it has been fitted as per the instructions. Even though LO is still in our room it really helps with piece of mind in the night.

We've got the tomy digital one. It has a night light on the baby unit and in the parent unit can turn the light on or off, check the temp and speak to them. It's very sensitive and picks up hubby snoring so I get it next to me and through the monitor!!

We've got the summer infant one : http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-U...fant-Baby-Touch-Digital-Video-Monitor(0084013),
I like it because it's super sensitive, has two way talking, can check the temperature in nursery,
The parent unit is touch screen and you can control the camera from this, zoom in on baby, rotate the camera 360 degrees, useful I guess when baby becomes a toddler?! It's a really good unit :)

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I've got the angelcare one, I had the BT 250 before and that had far better sound quality but I couldn't do without the sensor mat as L has a funny heart thing going on still

I've got an Angelcare one which includes a breathing sensor mat. I chose that one because it got consistently good write ups and the sensor mat is not prone to false alarms as long as it has been fitted as per the instructions. Even though LO is still in our room it really helps with piece of mind in the night.

I have this monitor as well and I think it's brilliant we have had no false alarms . The only time it has went off is when I took my LO out her crib and I forgot to turn it off . Xxx

I have this monitor as well and I think it's brilliant we have had no false alarms . The only time it has went off is when I took my LO out her crib and I forgot to turn it off . Xxx

Lol same.

I have this one too.

Though it did beep once a few nights ago which scared the bejesus out of me!

Thanks for all your excellent help ladies!

I can see there's lots to think about :)

xx

I have the angelcare one.. it saved my LO's life when he was 3 weeks old as he suffocated himself and when he was 7 months old as he strangled himself!!! so i definetly do reccomend this monitor!!!

Are the any monitors out there that have a light that blinks with noise activation?

I want to know what's going on but sometimes the buzzing from the current monitor can just get annoying!

The Angelcare one only activates when a sound is made. And there is a visual volume bar up the side which activates too. So no annoying buzz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back