Baby monitor recommendations please!

clarey

Reaction score
We have decided we need a monitor for using now while Eva is napping upstairs so I can be in the garden and not have to keep running up and down stairs to check if she is crying, and for when she outgrows her basket and has to move into her own room ( :cry: I am dreading that, but it wont be long!)
So was wondering if anyone has any specific recommendations, we are thinking of getting a digital one but other than that, no idea!

Thanks girls x :D

I use the tommee tippee one with the sensor moniter pad. This one..

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

I'm a bit of a worrier and it really is reassuring but I think some people could find it a bit too much and create extra panic if baby rolls of the pad and it alarms, but for me the reassurance is well worth it.

i got one off this ebay seller, perfect condition, a digital one and a real bargain, I offered 25 quid for it off this seller...he had loads...still got 8 left look.

clicky

I should add there was a problem with the first one he sent, but he refunded postage I paid sending it back, and sent another one right away.

One thing I would say is to try and get one that displays the room temperature in the baby's room on the parent unit.
That way you always know what the temp is in his room and if they wake crying you can look to see whether maybe they are too hot or too cold.
We got a BT one which has been great.
I can't find a link but it's probably old now anyway.
This one looks good...
http://www.shop.bt.com/Article.aspx?ArticleId=3332

EDIT: OOOoops! Just followed Urchin's link and that's the one we've got. I would really recommend it. Lx

it is great! I'm so glad I got one I know lots of people who have them and all recommend. Its an older model, but was £70 before.

I like the 'Talk' function! it means DH can talk to me from downstairs, or I can shhh shhh Thomas which he likes.

That one is a bargain Urchin

Urchin said:
i got one off this ebay seller, perfect condition, a digital one and a real bargain, I offered 25 quid for it off this seller...he had loads...still got 8 left look.

clicky

I should add there was a problem with the first one he sent, but he refunded postage I paid sending it back, and sent another one right away.

Wow, that looks really good sepc for the money!

look, clarey, just get it, we've decided. :lol:

:rotfl:

Thanks ladies! you lot are the perfect antidote to my Libran indecisiveness!
Now who wants to tell me what to get for tonights dinner....?

Thanks for the link Urchin, just ordered one, cant wait to play with our new toy now! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Urchin said:

clicky

I've got the same model and it's fab, especially the room temp function.

Cool we were looking at the updated equivalent in mothercare but didnt really want to pay the £70 it cost! Thanks all for the recommendations! :hug:

clarey said:
Cool we were looking at the updated equivalent in mothercare but didnt really want to pay the £70 it cost! Thanks all for the recommendations! :hug:

same here, mine's great, that guy was selling hundreds of them he's only got a few left by the looks of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back