• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby Lead Weaning - your views! Needed before Wednesday Pls

SarahH

Reaction score
Hello ladies...

I know this is the wrong section but I put it in here so I can get as many views as possible.

I think I have told some of you that my HV wasnt too keen on the BLW to start with when I was weaning Arianna, but after seeing how much she is thriving - my HV has asked me to do a class.

I have all my information, but I'd really like some honest views from Mums & Dads on how they have found it has gone with their little ones.

I want honest views - good and bad as I dont want to push my views on to them, I just want to give them a little guidence.

I am so nervous about it!! The HV said if it went well, would I be interested in doing a class every 3mths or so. :shock:

i think a bad side to it is that they dont get used to solids due to lack of baby rice etc

ok now noone make a fuss of what i just
i support blw
she just wanted a bad side :lol:

hehe!! I dont want to fusses either!!

Just your views!!

Whats baby lead weaning?

Sorry if I sound dunb but it's been a while LOL

oh god, i can't recomend it enough!!

Its great when i can sit and give alice her food and i can sit and eat mine without it going cold (until she decides whats on mummies plate looks yummier :lol: ).

Also, we all eat better! because im not making a batch of food up for alice for a week, im making it fresh everyday, all three of us eats more fresh veg etc...

her hand eye (or what every the phrase is), seems to have got better in leaps. she can pick up crumbs no problem!!

The only thing that took some getting used to was learning when a gag wasn't a gag (if that makes sense). Just knowing that it takes her a little while to learn how to push foodback out of her mouth instead of gagging. oh, and teaching daddy not to panic when she does gag.

god, what i would give for a BLW class / group near me. my old HV hsd weened her lo the same way. the HV i saw the other day didn't seem to believe me when i said my 7 month old feed herself :wall:

good luck with it hun!! if you ever need recipes im sure we can come up with a few you can use :D

i dont like the idea because i think nower days babies are forced into doing to much themselves and growing up to fast, i think its far to stressfull on a little baby to try and feed them selves, it stressed Harley out and he just got upset, he was about 22weeks when i tryed him with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back