Baby hasn't moved in a while...a little scared

Rosie1

Reaction score
A little concerned……

I usually feel my baby move every day, especially after eating my lunch or drinking anything cold / sweet, and have done so since 16 weeks. Its now got to the stage of really heavy kicks and not just “fluttering”.

I am a bit concerned as I haven’t felt the baby since Friday night. I exerted myself a bit on Saturday, nothing near my belly but lots of lifting with my arms (I was careful not to lift anything too heavy) and now I am worried that I may have done some damage?!

I just find it a bit worrying that I haven’t felt a thing. I have my anomaly scan on Thursday, so I’m sure my midwife will tell me to wait until then, but I’m starting to panic.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is it normal for the baby to have a few days rest?! Any advice or stories would really help.

Thanks ladies.

xxx

I would ring your midwife and ask her advice :hug:

They say that babies quite often have a rest where they dont kick for a day or two, plus if you're busy sometimes you don't notice the kicks. But if you're worried I would give her a call for reassurance :)

I think sometimes they move position and although they are moving about just the same, you can't feel it because they are kicking around towards your back or something.
If you are concerned though I'd speak to your midwife-it's best to be safe. :)

I would also speak to your midwife. She could do a quick heartbeat check to reassure you before your scan. It is never a silly thing to contact them when you notice a change.

When this happened to me with DS. I was sent to the hospital. They gave me ice water to drink and checked the heartbeat, and everything was well.

Good luck :) xxx

i called the midwife who was very good and told me to come straight in.

I got there and they were very understanding and listened to the baby's heartbeat, and much to my delight everything was fine. The baby has moved and is much lower than he/she was last week which may explain why i'm not feeling anything, or maybe s/he is just having a long nap! whatever it is everything seems fine. I have my anomoly scan on Thursday which will hopefully set my mind at rest even more.

i just hope baby starts kicking again soon as i miss feeling it :(

Very glad all is well :D

I am sure you the baby will soon make up for not kicking you much lol

Good luck with your scan :) xxx

Just saw this post
Im so glad your baby is ok!!!
i have the odd day wehere Collier is quite he's usually a very very active boy especialy in the evening and at night.
But once i a while he has a day of to recharge his batteries then he back of taking part in the baby oylimpics :hug:

Good luck for you scan on Thursday
Seeing the baby at this stage you can really see the diffrence thier so much bigger with more detail even facial features its brilliant
are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl??
:wave: sarah :wave:

Glad all is well! They do say that babies can go quiet if they are due a growth spurt?

Glad everything is ok :D

I posted yesterday about being worried about baby movements but then after having something to eat and drink baby started moving again and today baby hasn't stopped :D Seems alot stronger today aswell :cheer:

Glad everything is ok! I've noticed that some days baby is a lot more active than others. It still makes me nervous on the days that my baby hasn't moved much. Luckily I have a doppler at home and that always makes me feel better hearing little ones heartbeat. :D

Hi,

Really glad to hear everything is ok. I had this a few days ago too but can feel the kicking again now although it is in a different place. It is worrying though - I'm always worrying!!!

It's lovely at this stage feeling those gentle little kicks - ha ha, at 35 wks plus they really boot you (my 2nd was so bad in the last week that I knew that I was going to go into labour any minute - it was like she was fighting to get out and she was early!!!). My first was 2 weeks late and NEVER that bad so it really depends on the baby - some are just more active than others!

Good luck for you scan on Thursday
Seeing the baby at this stage you can really see the diffrence thier so much bigger with more detail even facial features its brilliant
are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl??
:wave: sarah :wave:[/quote]

Yes definately going to ask the sex - Archie Dyllan for a boy or Olive Elizabeth for a girl. I don't mind which it is, i just hope its healthy.

Glad your midwife was able to reassure you :)

Make sure you post some piccies after your scan, everybody loves baby pics :cheer:

:lol:
Scan went really well, all is perfect and where it should be!! and we found out the flavour.....

Its a GIRL!!! woo hoo! so excited!

will scan the pics in tomorrow! (i think she has OH's nose and feet!!)

Congratulations hun x x x lots of pink hugs comeing your way :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back