• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby Hafsah's story and pics

crackers24

Reaction score
sorry it's so late. I've already announced her arrival and now its time for the pics :cheer:

Before going to bed I noticed very slight bleeding but didnt concern me much. In the early hours of Thursday 20th November. I was oooohhing and aaahing to what seemed to me to be BH. I managed to sleep well once they had stopped.

The next morning I had a bit of a fright when I noticed my bowel movements had changed iykwim (basically I had diarrhoea). Tbh I was a bit frightened and although I had been waiting for this day for nine months, I was a bit nervous at the thought of giving birth. :?

Within an hour after that incident my contractions had started. I was in denial so I didn’t really consider them to be contractions (I didn’t want to get my hopes up), but DH was certain that this was it. My contractions started at around 8am and they were lasting 7/8 minutes and slowly but surely the time between them was decreasing and the intensity of pain was definitely increasing.

Soon, my contractions were about 5 mins apart. Poor DH had a piece of work to hand in that morning so he was running to the computer in the other room every time my contractions stopped and running back to hold my hand when they started again. To top things off I realised that I wasn’t fully packed for hospital and baby wasn’t packed out all. So after DH had finished his work I started ordering him around between the pain of contractions, telling him what I needed and what baby needed and throughout all of this, the poor soul was also timing my contractions. It was chaos.

Finally at 1pm we were ready or hospital and not contractions were every 3 mins. Throughout the hospital journey I was lying down on the back seat because that was the only way I thought would lessen the pain.

We got to the maternity entrance and two nurses helped me to the delivery suite, where I was checked for dilation. I was 4cm. I had 6cm to go and that meant another 6 hours. I had my gas and air, and was so peed off with it because it wasn’t working for me. That’s because I wasn’t using it properly (silly me). :roll: I wanted pethidine so I had that too and then DH showed me how to use the gas and air properly. Now I was feeling slightly better and that took the edge off the pain. I was like that until 8pm.

Then came the pushing, and how dreadful did that feel. It was awful. I didn’t really listen to the MW I was just pushing when I felt like pushing. The urge was so overwhelming, I couldn’t help myself. Maybe that’s why I tore. There was a point where I turned to DH and said ‘I can’t do it’. That was quite scary. He reassured me I could.

At quarter to 9 I pushed one last time and she was out. I will never forget that sigh of relief. Finally my baby princess was in my arms and I will never forget that feeling either.

My poor DH suffered some abuse from me, mainly me trying to pull his t-shirt off and giving him a few slaps here and there. He was excellent throughout labour and without him I couldn’t have done it.

Before going into labour I vowed I would only take gas and air, I failed at that lol. Also, I told DH I wouldn’t scream, and boy did I scream when it was time to push.

sorry pics are so small, dont really know how to use this function properly.

8ygR.jpg
EA3K.jpg
53Z8.jpg
qvC6.jpg

Congratulations hun :D

Dont worry i screamed my LO out too :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads