Baby clothes- Quick question.....

Lucy Helen

Reaction score
Hi Ladies- sorry for another thread but just a quick question....

Are you all planning on washing your baby clothes before they wear then? i thought you had to and had been planning on making a start on it all soon but after speaking to my mum and my OH's mum they seen to think it's a waste of time and that they will be fine!

What do you all think? without affending anyone i dont know if my mum thinks that its ok because she's from a slightly older generation- i dont know! :wall2: xx

I washed my first lot today....all those icky hands touching them in shops blurgh....plus they also get treated with stuff to keep them looking nice on display. I am using fairy bio xxxxxxxx

WSS, it cant do no harm to wash them and can't be so mucht ime consuming, you still have a whole trimester to go :hug:

Definitely wash them as there is lots if stuff on them. Don't use bio washing powder though , it can trigger allergy.

Thanks everyone :)

Thats what i thought but when someone says different it's easy to doubt yourself! x

I am washing mine someone mentioned on another thread on here a few weeks ago that clothes aren't always stored in ideal conditions in some of the factories in the far east and mentioned rats..........ewwwwwww !!!

I have done my first batch of washing today too - used fairy non bio and comfort pure fabric conditioner as recommended by a lady on another thread. Smells heavenly! I think it'll be nice for baby for everything to have the same smell too - comforting :) happy washing!

I wash all mine and use fairy powder and fairy fabric conditioner....I use them any way as my hubby and son have skin conditions and anything else makes their skin bad xx

I plan on washing Pip's clothes before he arrives. I hate the feeling of shop bought clothes on my skin, let alone imagining my poor baby in them!!

Ill be washing mine too. I keep getting tempted to do it now but im trying to wait till closer to the date so theyre still nice and fresh xx

same here they're gonna be sitting in the wardrobe for another 4 n a half months wouldn't like to irritate LO's skin

I was told if they're in packets and brand new it should be fine. But I've had some from charity shops and babies clothes should be washed with Non Bio washing powder or liquid. But to be honest I was thinking of washing all of mine to freshen them up a bit.
But if you've bought a lot in newborn size and you end up having a bigger baby you might want to keep some clothes in packets so you can exchange or return them if needed, like if they don't fit :)

Defo wash any second hand ones though xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back