Baby boy's name chosen

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
My husband had a cousin called Matt who was a huge strapping big fellow from Tasmania, he was the nicest and most genuine guy ever; he died of a brain tumour in 2006 after battling with it for a number of years, approx 8 months after he got married. My husband Steve was very close to him and they used to travel over the years to see each other and stay with the families. So; we have decided to call our baby if it is a boy, Matt James Steven (James was his surname and my MIL's maiden name) and then the surname would be Thomas, so I thought that if we used those three names then it would be as if they were always together forever - Matt James & Steven Thomas.

What do you think about this? :)

Lovely thought, and lovely names. Good choice xx

I think that it is absolutely beautiful :hug:

Love it. We have chosen both our dad's names for middle names for Sid. We hubby's dad's name last so it is next to their surname so it reads like his late dad's name at the end :)

That's such a lovely idea :hug: Beautiful name too x

what a lovely thing to do , bet your OH is really pleased

Thanks everyone, yes OH's family think its nice - Its all ok if its a boy, havent got a clue about girls names!

Matilda, then tilly for short?? Then u still have the matt aspect?

that's a lovely tribute, good strong name too :)

Love the name, and the reason for it :hug: My friend recently (well, his wife) had a baby and they named him after his late father...made me :cry: so much as his dad was a fabulous man, and now his name lives on again!

That's really lovely :flower:

Matilda, then tilly for short?? Then u still have the matt aspect?

No - it would only be good for a boy; besides we toyed with the name Matilda for Rosie when we lived in Australia, its popular there but it just reminds me of my ancient koala bear who used to sing Waltzing Matilda..:lol:

great name and reason for it. lets hope its a boy and your sorted! xxx

Lovely! you have your boys name and i have my girls only haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back