Babies who sleep though early are left to cry a lot..

poppy160

Reaction score
..according to somebody on my Facebook. She and another girl were having a convo. They both have kids, hers was born on the same day as Ella and the other girls' is over 1 and neither of them sleep through yet, and she thinks the reason for them not sleeping through is because they don't leave their babies to cry.

I've never heard this before :think: Ella has slept through from early on, she's always been very good. Usually she will go down at 8 and sleep through until anytime between 8 am and 11 am, and will go down for a nap after lunch for normally 90 mins, but it's not unusual if she goes down for 3 hours. I thought she just takes after us, both OH and I love our sleep.

We've never left Ella to cry much, only on the odd occasion when she went through a spell of a week or so when she didn't want to sleep so we used Control Crying, and she was asleep after 10 mins. And obviously when she's awake and cries I pay attention to her, try and find out what's wrong, but I don't make a huge unnecessary fuss.

Just curious as to whether there's any truth in what she thinks?

I never left Jack to cry, I always went and comforted him and he slept through from 8pm - 7:30pm from 9 weeks old. :)

What a heap of cr*p, sounds like they are busy coming up with excuses about why their children don't sleep through.

DD slept through at 6 weeks and I NEVER left her to cry. She's always been a brilliant sleeper, sleeps roughly 6.45pm to 7-9am (if we get up for work she wakes up but she'll lie in a the weekends :cheer: ). This kind of statement makes me angry, they are just jealous.

I have never done any kind of crying/sleep training technique, I've just been lucky. If she's (very occassionally) teething or poorly, she might be a bit grizzly in the evenings but she NEVER wakes up overnight.

Valentine Xxx

valentine said:
DD slept through at 6 weeks and I NEVER left her to cry. She's always been a brilliant sleeper, sleeps roughly 6.45pm to 7-9am (if we get up for work she wakes up but she'll lie in a the weekends :cheer: ). This kind of statement makes me angry, they are just jealous.

I dunno about them but im bloody jelious! lol

Claire x

nori said:
valentine said:

I dunno about them but im bloody jelious! lol

Claire x

Ach, sorry Claire! Don't be jealous - I'll have the world's worst teenager to compensate!

Xxx

I personally think it's a lt more to do with feeding more efficiently. It's a bit mean to say that Mums ho are lucky enough to have good sleepers are letting their babies cry down all the time.

What aload of cr*p. Leo has slept through from 7pm till 7am from being 8 weeks old, and I have never left him to cry at all.
In my case Leo has always had his feeds and sleep structured throughout the day, so I know he is getting enough of each and it seems to have worked for me xxx

What complete rubbish and they're inferring some mum's just leave they're babies to cry!!! I don't think most would to be honest.

Tom slept through from 11 weeks and we never left him to cry, still don't x

I can't ever leave Lucy to cry, and she sleeps very well.

valentine said:
What a heap of cr*p, sounds like they are busy coming up with excuses about why their children don't sleep through.

I have never done any kind of crying/sleep training technique, I've just been lucky. If she's (very occassionally) teething or poorly, she might be a bit grizzly in the evenings but she NEVER wakes up overnight.

Valentine Xxx

What she said. Connie does 7pm-8am (thank goodness!) and has never been left to cry.

Sounds like a load of rubbish, depends on the baby, they're all different :)

Sour grapes i'd say! Ignore them.

Rebekah didn't sleep through until she was 2 and a half, Erin slept
through at 6 weeks. I haven't done anything different, I don't leave her to cry.
I've just been very very lucky this time, maybe it's because
i've already got a routine going with Rebekah so it was easier to get Erin into the same routine.
Although it could all change as she is only 5 months.
In fact now i've said it she's bound to wake up 10 times tonight :doh:

Also, facebook is the work of the devil :evil:

xxx

I don't leave Connie if she's properly crying but I will leave her if she's just making a noise. We've just dropped the 11pm botle and she's waking in the night BUT not crying, just chatting to herself chewing her feet so I'm certainly not going to go in and get her if she's happy and she usually drops off on her own again after 10 minutes anyway.

Isaac slept through from 6 weeks and has never and will never be left to cry. We tried controlled crying for about 5 minutes, me and Jed sat on my bed and looked at eachother with tears in our eyes and both said 'nah stuff this'! It wasn't for us. When he goes to bed now I read him a few books, have a few rounds of singing postman pat or speckled frogs and he's asleep :)

To be fair though I don't have any other children to get to bed or see to :)

Thank you! Knew it was aload of balls! I just get really pee'd off when people throw around those types of accusations.

ive never left my son to cry he sleeps through from 11:30pm - 9:30 am, hes really good i think it just depends on the baby

Thats a load of rubbish! Ellie has slept well (on & off lol) from fairly young and we never left her to cry. We have left her to cry recently to get her to fall asleep without breast but that was only small periods of time & needed to be done at some point.

Sounds like they are jealous cos their babies dont sleep through!

I won;t rehash as ditto to what everyone else said, who are these girls? They sound a tad ignorant to me! Maybe you need to set them straight hon :)

:hug:

Steelgoddess said:
I won;t rehash as ditto to what everyone else said, who are these girls? They sound a tad ignorant to me! Maybe you need to set them straight hon :)

:hug:

Thanks :) They are girls I used to go to school with, we found eachother on FB. We used to speak alot because we were pregnant at the same time and gave birth on the same day (she was in the delivery room next to me strangely enough!) The thing is when I tell her Ella sleeps through she's like 'Oh, that's really good! Well done Ella!' but muse be thinking about the crying thing, so basically being two-faced.

I'm over it now, I was really stressed the other day and really took it to heart, even though the convo had nothing to do with me but it's okay now :) Thank you guys for helping me feel better!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back