Baba Slings

mandspice

Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these?

http://babaslings.co.uk/

We have a tomy baby carrier but i hate it, it has so many straps and just looks really uncomfy. Thinking of getting one of these but wondered if anyone had any experience of them / could recommend another type......

I haven't used one but *think* Ruby'smummy did and can remember her speaking hiughlyof them. That is a type of pouch sling, it is the easiest type to use as you just pop baby in.

This is a rough guide to different types of slings I find that each type has its own benefits so I have a few types.

That's really helpful, thank you. I'm 5 foot 1, do you know whether certain makes are better for petites? x

Hi, I'm 4' 11" and I've got a babasling. I find it great although it takes a bit of time to get used to it. It was a bit difficult when he was tiny as I found it hurt my back and he was lying on my C-section scar. I've also got a baby bjorn which was fine when he was smaller but he's a lot longer now and I feel that he's half the size of me when I wear it - his wee feet bang off my knees!

mandspice said:
That's really helpful, thank you. I'm 5 foot 1, do you know whether certain makes are better for petites? x

I am 6' so have the opposite problem but remember Minxy saying that she found a maitei difficult to use as Stanley got bigger. The best place to ask for advice is www.thebabywearer.com

Thanks Beanie - I've ordered a Peanut Shell pouch in the end, will let you know what it's like x

Bought it, hated it, sold it. Nuff said! I use a Baby Bjorn and a ring sling. Would love a mei tai but all the decent ones are sooooo expensive.

daftscotslass said:
Bought it, hated it, sold it. Nuff said! I use a Baby Bjorn and a ring sling. Would love a mei tai but all the decent ones are sooooo expensive.

Why not buy second hand? Rumplebums has a for sale or trade bit on the forums and you can check the feedback people have had in the past. And once you've finished with it you can sell it on so it will barely have cost you anything! There's also lots for sale on thebabywearer.com but postage will be more on the ones from USA.

I don't know what you class as expensive as that will vary from household to household but as you can sell on 2nd hand maybe something like a freehand (£40) or ball baby (£45) mei tai might be doable for you.

Have one LOVE it!! It's perfect for feeding her in and she seems comfy in it too, recently i've been trying the other postions, like her sat up etc and it works good for those too.

I loved my Babasling when she was little-I had a Mei Tei (she hated it) ring sling which she liked and the Babasling which we got most use from.....

Ruby was so active tho, she just wanted to walk, and still does :roll: :roll: She didnt really like being carried :doh: xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back