* 2 x breastmilk storage containers
* 2 x Avent newborn Airflex teats
* 2 x teat travel pack
* 1 x 7oz/200ml Magic Trainer Cup
* 1 x measuring cup
* 1 x Newborn soother
* 2 x breast pads
* 1 x tongs

Bought this yesterday was just wondering if anyone has one or used one and what they thought about it, also any tips on expressing would be hugely appreciated, :D

I've got that set....well I think it's that set anyway, £100 (with 10% off) from Mothercare, it's the IQ Steriliser though and came with a few more bits, like a carry bag (really nice, RRP £19 alone!) for the breastpump and 2 bottles and a pouch I guess if for things like tissues, breast pads etc. I've still got 10-12 weeks to go before LO arrives. Will report back once I've started using it!! :D

Ooo Fab thanks Nicola, this set was £50 from babies r us thought it was a good deal was the only real reason i bought it lol :doh:

£50 is a good deal when you think the bottles are anywhere from around £2.99 upwards and the steriliser itself is around the £40 marker etc. I do think that's a good deal indeed, especially to be including a breast pump etc. I think we got the bigger kit because it came with extras like a bottle warmer which DH seems to think will be handy when he does his Fri/Sat night feeds!!

I have switched to the Avent Breast pump for expressing, as I found it easier. However I still swear by the Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles, as Ellie find those teats fine to mix with breast feeding. However £50 for all that sounds like a great deal.

Nicky I have the Avent set (as above with a few other bits and bobs) but I've also invested in the TT Closer to Nature Bottles, they look more breast to bottle friendly the teats look better on them etc and they have had great reviews. The Avent set came with I think 3 bottles and 2 training cups. The cups I've stored for a later date the bottles I've got the lids for storage on them....they might do for extra or when he's a little bigger type thing. I bought the Closer to Nature bottles specifically for when he's newborn etc, save nipple confusion when Daddy wants to have a feed too!!

I got the slightly smaller set without the breast pump for £34 from Kiddicare.

I bought another bottle on Saturday from Asda (the larger size bottle) and it was £4.80! So it seems you got a good deal. :D

:cheer:

Least i can say to DH that i got a good deal :rotfl:

The breastfeeding set looks good, but I can only find it at £130. Did someone manage to buy it at £50? That's such a bargain!!! Is it still available at that price?

Yep i got it for £50 in babies R us in Watford G3M was with me at the time, it did have a sticker on it saying Babies R Us special offer so i don't know if it is exclusive to them or not,
Also if you click the link on the top of my first post it will take you to the webpage with the deal on it for £49.99 hope that helps lovie

certainly was an impluse buy ! but couldnt beat that price could ya hun !

Nope and DH was impressed when i showed him the prices of the individual items :clap:

FeeFee said:
Yep i got it for £50 in babies R us in Watford G3M was with me at the time, it did have a sticker on it saying Babies R Us special offer so i don't know if it is exclusive to them or not,
Also if you click the link on the top of my first post it will take you to the webpage with the deal on it for £49.99 hope that helps lovie

Thanks! I've now found the offer from your link. I mistook that set with another one I've seen called the Avent Breastfeeding Solutions set (the one that costs £130) hence got myself confused.

Bought it - it got delivered today!
This set is exclusive to Toys R Us, no wonder I couldn't find it in any other stores. Thanks feefee for letting us know about this set.

FeeFee said:
FeeFee said:
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/bruhome/brufeeding/brufeedingavent/139904
13990401_m.jpg

* Avent Express Electric Steam Steriliser
* Avent ISIS Manual Breast Pump
* 1 x 4oz/125ml Avent Airflex Bottle with newborn teat
* 2 x 9oz/260ml Avent Airflex Bottle with slow flow teat
* 2 x breastmilk storage containers
* 2 x Avent newborn Airflex teats
* 2 x teat travel pack
* 1 x 7oz/200ml Magic Trainer Cup
* 1 x measuring cup
* 1 x Newborn soother
* 2 x breast pads
* 1 x tongs

Bought this yesterday was just wondering if anyone has one or used one and what they thought about it, also any tips on expressing would be hugely appreciated, :D

personally i wouldn't buy that until after baby is 6 weeks old. Then get what you need separately. it may be that you really take to breastfeeding and don't want to express etc.
Don't buy loads of bottles. just get one just in case and a carton of first formula milk. Thats all i did with all mine but i didn't use them.

budge said:
personally i wouldn't buy that until after baby is 6 weeks old. Then get what you need separately. it may be that you really take to breastfeeding and don't want to express etc.
Don't buy loads of bottles. just get one just in case and a carton of first formula milk. Thats all i did with all mine but i didn't use them.

Well, I was thinking that the steriliser itself costs £40, so by getting the set, I was only paying an extra tenner. Also, I would like to get my DH to feed at times, and would prefer to express milk to feed when we're out rather than breastfeed outside of home, so just getting prepared for it all.

ahh ok. well good luck with it all ducks! :hug:

The way i was looking at it is even if i don't use it its still sealed and i'm sure i would be able to sell it on on ebay, and if i used bits of it like the pump and A bottle i could sell the other ones and make some money back, seemed win win for me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back