• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ava has a really snuffley nose any advice please!

saffydreamer

Reaction score
hello ladies,
Ava has a really stuffy nose, ive checked her temprature and its normal but she is so blocked up! ive tried taking her into the bathroom with me when i showered before bed to see if the steam would loosened it but it didnt! when shes taking her bottle, because she cant breathe through her nose she isnt taking much milk, im giving her loads of water in-between feeds but can anyone sugest anything else i can be doing?
Teamed with her colic we had just 2.5 hours sleep with her last night :sleep:
ohh by the way shes 5 weeks old tomorrow!
thankyou ladies!
HELP lol :(
A even more exhausted saffy xxx

think ill pass bit squimish although i wish i could as it would help Ava!
maybe my oh could do it :think:
:)
thanks hun xxxx

I don't blame you!
Good idea, get OH to do it :rotfl:
you could make it seem like all the dads do it! :lol: :wink:

I've never used one or seen one, but I think you can get nose syringes from pharmacys :think:

Im going into town later ill ask in the pharmacy about a snot sucker! its such a shame for the poor little mite :(
shes only 5 weeks old and has snuffles must of inherited my immune system :D
do you think i need to take her to the doctor for snuffles?, or if shes gets a temprature,
:( im clueless

You need some nasosal, its a saline solution that squirts up your LO's nose.

Jake has been having the same probs but with him being undar 3 months old this was the only thing he could have. I wasnt too impressed, thinking how can some sterile drops help him but OMG... I squirted the drops up his nose and then literally a minute later I looked around at him and he had these 2 HUGE bogies hanging out of his nose :shock: :puke: :puke: Made me feel ill, but hey- it works :rotfl:

thankyou girls,
Really appreciate your help, im going to put her in the buggy now and grab a snot machine and some drops, thanks so much :)
maybe ill get some sleep tonight!!!!
:lol:
A happier saffy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also you could put a few drops of albas oil on a wet flannel and hang it over a radiator, it will help clear her nose as it evaporates into the air :hug:

natalie&jake said:
You need some nasosal, its a saline solution that squirts up your LO's nose.

Jake has been having the same probs but with him being undar 3 months old this was the only thing he could have. I wasnt too impressed, thinking how can some sterile drops help him but OMG... I squirted the drops up his nose and then literally a minute later I looked around at him and he had these 2 HUGE bogies hanging out of his nose :shock: :puke: :puke: Made me feel ill, but hey- it works :rotfl:

Another brand of saline nasal spray is Sterimar. Or there's also "normal saline nasal drops". Both available from the chemist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back