Arguments over silly things

tracey 2

Reaction score
Here for a bit of a rant iv been having silly little arguments with my oh recently and im sure a lot of it is to do with all these hormones thats why i feel im over reacting but dont know :hug:

Yesterday was a very hard day as some of you know and i got moaned at last night for not cooking his dinner :shock: and he knew how low i was but he went on and on and then slept on sofa.

A lot of it he is just joking and winding me up but i shouldnt have to be dealing with his little pranks as well as myself (im sorry if that sounds selfish).

You know when they just know what buttons to push feels like im looking after a 2 year old half the time. I just want a hug from him just every so often and a smile with a few nice words if you know what i mean (he isnt horrible just sometimes the way it comes out really upsets me).

Blokes hey cant live with them and cant live without them :x

aww hun, he prob wasnt thinking :hug:
Iv pm'd u x x x

:hug: i'm sure he loves u lots ur hormones will make u feel down :hug:

echo what others have said, im sure he loves you deep down and just wasnt thinking :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Pregnancy hormones are hard to deal with, I know I have up and down days, days where I have energy and can deal with teasing/jokes and days when the slightest silly comment will make me snap. British men are never great with expressing emotion for some reason (this does seem to be a British issue as most Europeans, Americans etc will more openly tell you what they are thinking/feeling). Anyway why not try writing him a letter when you are having a good day. Just explain that you do love/adore him etc but that you are having a hard time with the shift in emotions that your pregnancy is bringing you and although it might sound silly, apologise for snapping etc (even though as a hormonal pregnant lady your entitled to snap the apology makes them feel better!!) and just ask that he's more understanding and offers you a cuddle without your having to 'beg' for it and that things like sleeping on the sofa really uspet you and stop you from getting a good night's sleep etc. It might sound daft but sometimes men respond better to letters/text messages etc than they do face to face conversations. I'm sure as your hormones settle a little your reactions to one another will too.

Oh I know exactly how you feel! My other halve if African, in their culture, the women look after them, hand and foot, cook dinner, clean up after them, like a practical maid. I've had arguments with him over this in the past and refused blankley to be a maid and a girlfriend.

So during my first few weeks of finding out I am pregnant, he was acting worse, like he was jealous, all my attention wouldn't be focused on him, it is ok for me to give up things for him but vice versa, oh lord, might as well of committed murder with the thought of it!

I tried explaining hte culture differences and such but he wasn't having it, until my dad decided to take it upon himself to call him and have a little word. Now my precious boy (not the expecting baby), doesn't expect things to be done, I do them in my own time. Recently, I've been doing that nesting thing and cleaning every god d@mn day though lol

So I looked up a few things online and found the following advice;

Relationship changes

It's perfectly understandable to worry about how having a baby will affect your relationship with your partner or how you will cope as a parent. Parenting is something you learn along the way and often there is no right or wrong way to do things, you just have to do what feels right for you. Try and spend some time with a friend who has a young baby to pick up some useful tips and ideas. If you have any anxieties about your finances, job, relationship or housing, speak to your midwife as she will know which local organisations or support groups you can contact for advice.

Why has getting pregnant made me so moody?

Are you fine one minute and in tears the next? Welcome to the club -- it's quite common to have major fluctuations in your emotions during pregnancy.

Progesterone and oestrogen, the female hormones which regulate the reproductive cycle, are thought to be partly responsible, but much of your moodiness is simply due to the fact that pregnancy is a time of tremendous change. You may be overjoyed at the thought of having a baby one day, then just as quickly begin wondering what it is you've gotten yourself into.

Even when a baby is very much wanted, many ecstatic mothers-to-be find that concerns about the future momentarily cloud their happiness. You may be worried about how your relationship will be affected, the health of the baby you're carrying and how you'll handle future financial challenges. Some of the minor problems of pregnancy, such as heartburn, fatigue and frequent urination can also be a burden. All these concerns may take your emotions on a roller-coaster ride.
When are my mood swings most likely to occur?

Mood swings tend to be most pronounced in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.

They should gradually diminish as you sort things out and as your body adapts to the hormonal onslaught.

How can I manage my mood swings?

Mood swings are part of the pregnancy experience. It's not surprising that you're feeling highs and lows, sometimes from one minute to the next. Knowing that you're behaving as expected (and as your hormones dictate) may reduce some of the guilt you may be feeling.

If you're down in the dumps, do something that makes you feel good. Take a nap, go for a walk or see a film with a friend. Don't be too hard on yourself. One of the best antidotes is talk therapy -- literally. Talk through your feelings with friends and family or if you prefer, to your GP or midwife. Pregnancy is a life-changing event, one that's bound to make anyone -- even a mum who's wanted a baby for years -- feel overwhelmed, irritable and anxious sometimes.

How you can cope

• Take it easy. Resist the urge to pack in as many chores as you can before the baby comes. You may think you need to set up the nursery, clean the house, or work as much as you can before you go on maternity leave, but you don't. Pencil yourself in on top of your to-do list. You won't have as much time for yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back