• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are you depressed?

ToriElla

Reaction score
I was just wondering out of everyone with babies, pregnant or TTC who is happy and who feels like they are down alot or on an emotional rollercoaster.

I felt very happy while I was pregnant, then I was up and down for a while and now I'm feeling happy again and more in control of my emotions.

Just curious to see what all of this baby stuff does to us emotionally :D xx

argh i had depressed in the poll aswell and it hasn't worked :?

I'm up & down all the time. One minute i'm really happy & excited (about what I really don't know!!) and the next feel so down & feel like my life is incredibly boring, always doing the same things. When the highlight of my day is going to sainsburys its time to do something about it!

I would like to do all sorts of things but either don't have the energy, confidence, time, money etc that gets me down. I always feel worse in the time come up to my period so I guess its just all hormonal.
I'm really hoping it will fade & i'll be back to normal but then again my life is never going to be the same, thats something I find hard to deal with sometimes, I think its the whole getting older & growing up thing.
As much as I love Jamie & wouldn't want it any other way I feel like i've lost my youth, the time has gone sooooooo quickly its scary.

Usually pretty happy. I was a complete emotional disaster whilst PG, to the extent i was convinced i needed professional help :(
Since having Charlie im more up than down. (i cant vote) id say 70 happy 30 unhappy.
I do find that i make a concious effort to talk through any worries with DH, a pact we made when we got engaged.
I do get very lonely and stress about future and finances. And am i doing this mother thing right!!!???

nicki said:
I'm up & down all the time. One minute i'm really happy & excited (about what I really don't know!!) and the next feel so down & feel like my life is incredibly boring, always doing the same things. When the highlight of my day is going to sainsburys its time to do something about it!

I would like to do all sorts of things but either don't have the energy, confidence, time, money etc that gets me down. I always feel worse in the time come up to my period so I guess its just all hormonal.
I'm really hoping it will fade & i'll be back to normal but then again my life is never going to be the same, thats something I find hard to deal with sometimes, I think its the whole getting older & growing up thing.
As much as I love Jamie & wouldn't want it any other way I feel like i've lost my youth, the time has gone sooooooo quickly its scary.

Yeah that's exactly how I feel aswell :)

I'm as chirpy as a bluebird in spring.

I hope it lasts :dance:

I find actual pregnancy not too stressful, although I obviously worry about all the normal things e.g. birth, how we will manage to be a mum and dad etc.

However, I came off my anti depressants at 12 weeks and quite often I find it extremely hard to cope with every day normal tasks, like I did prior to going on the medication. I also have tons of stress in my life at the moment, we recently got evicted and things like that make it worse.

Some ladies have great pregnancies where everything else in their life runs smoothly alongside it, but im not destined for that at the moment!

My attitude is though, that things can only get better!

I just want to get in the car and bugger off. Joe crys all the time and Jess is a bit of a handfull, not bad just a typical 2 year old. Stuart offers to help when he is here but its Joe crying that really gets to me, i feel I should be able to pacify him and I cant.
I sometimes feel nothing towards him and wish he wasnt here.

Then other times im quite happy and in control. Jess does what she is told and Joe seems happy too but it never lasts long. :(

God, dont know where that all came from.

I felt the same about eva when i was down but i dont feel like that now. it's just hormones, lack of sleep and an annoying whinge that does that to you!! xx :hug: xx

im not sure how i feel. i wouldn't say i was depressed or up and down or happy.

can you add deranged. :D

im all over the place. as long as i keep my days planned out then im fine.
even simple like,
wake up get the kids feed washed and dressed early they have a nap i do all house work pop on the net, make dinner pop to the shops.

if i dont plan my day i just wake up lay on the sofe kids stay in pjs all day house is a mess then i feel real down like life is so crap then feel sorry for myself having 2 babies so young.

but simple things like washing my hair putting some tan on ect makes me feel loads better

Hi

I picked upa nd down some days im the happiest ever other days im crying and down.
Katrinaxx

i would say that im up and down but now adays im much more up than down, i'll feel good n full of energy for a good 3 wks everythin is rosey then everything and anything gets me down for a good wk n i'm all over the place.
if i get over tired i'll lie in bed at night and worry myself sick about things that i dont really have any control over

lauramumof2 i know how you feel after io had chris my middle son i was just like that some days were just really hard work

I'm always up and down and have been sinse I got pregnant.

Hormones ay :roll:

It varies with me from one day to the next, I'm not working at the minute so I'm in the house most of the time.

Sometimes its really tidy and I plan what to make for tea and things are organised and I feel good but then some days I feel like crap, cant be bothered to get ready, dont care if the house is a mess, stuff like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back