Are Wasp Stings dangerous to Unborn Babies?

LizMin

Reaction score
Hello every one,

Just a quick question, I was wondering if any one would help with. Are wasp stings dangerous in early pregnancy? My sister has just found out she's pregnant and is worrying because she got stung twice in I think the first couple of weeks of pregnancy. We've looked it up on the internet but there doesn't seem to be any info on it. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know any information on it?
Really want to reasure her.
Thanks in advance
Liz

Hiya i have been looking on the net too and cannot find anything to suggest baby could be affected, the only thing that could affect baby is if she has taken anymediaction for it.

The best thing would be to ask her MW

Sorry i cannot reasure you more

I don't know but I am sure if it was a risk it would be one of those well known things that pregnant women have to avoid. I'm sure its fine but best to check with a doc or MW.

I know this is a really old question, but I found it via google! I trod very hard on a wasp this morning. Wow, ouch!!!
Hubby is now worrying about the baby. Anyone know if it's a problem? It was just pain in my foot, I didn't feel sick or anything, but..?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back