• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AQUA

KirstyD

Reaction score
Anyone doing Aquanatal classes yet or planning to?

I love swimming and water etc so think i might, just wanted to see what people thought about them and if worthwhile etc.

If you are already doing them do you go every week or how often?

I really would like to do some, but the ones in my area are all "lunch time" so may do some when I finish up for maternity leave...... :D

All the ones round here are daytime too. I think they think all mums-to-be have the entire nine months off!

I still do my usual aquaerobics class once a week and just take it a bit easier when they do lots of jumping about (it makes my boobs hurt and my tummy jiggle too much :lol: ) It's nice to do some exercise and it's not too strenuous.

Must have read my mind KirstyD I am starting on monday the class is once a week 6-7 so an hour, I am going with my friend who is 14 weeks pregnant

I love swimming and like everyone says I think it will be good

anyone thought about yoga?

x

Yeah Yoga sounds good too, also thinking about doing a few Pilates classes again. I used to do these and it's along the lines of Yoga but focuses on movements to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and stomach etc which is all good for pregnancy too.....hmmm i'm going to be busy!!

I went along to our local class from about 23 weeks, it was so much fun! Great to float about and weigh nothing, good to meet other mum's to be and have a blether, and I could feel my arms and legs had had a bit of a workout afterwards too!
Not been able to go since 33 weeks though as there was a fire at the pool and it's still not reopened :wall: Very much missing my weekly float :(

We don't have any aquanatal classes locally. The pool used to do them but there wasn't enough demand in the end. I do a weekly yoga class though (two hours) and really enjoy that.

I went to aqua natal in my last pregnancy and really loved it. Cant go this time as it's during the day and doesn't have a creche but I have ben going to normal aqua fit classes in the evening and my instructor and midwife said its fine to continue there are just a cpl exercises i have to miss out :D

I went from 16 weeks during my first pregnancy, and loved it. The breathing techniques were great during labour and all I could hear in my head during my contractions were "Breath in for the count of three too five"!!! which was what she ALWAYS said. I did used to get in a bit of trouble, the last few weeks because I didn't want to do the exercises, I just wanted to float!!! As it was the only time I was ever comfortable!!

I went to my first class last night. It was held at my local sport centre, and cost £3.60. Gentle exercises in warm shallow water. Great that the instructor is also a physiotherapist. I suffer with pelvic pain (SPD), and she gave alternative exercises throughout. It was nice to be bobbing around - when I got out of the water, I felt like I weighed a ton! We did various exercises for arms, legs and also pelvic floor. I thought i'd be a bit achey today considering it's been some time since I last went to an exercise class (used to do aerobics prior to pregnancy - then got lazy!), but i've been fine today. I'll be going again next week.

Apologies for digging this up..... :oops:

Can anyone suggest/ Does anyone know where these classes are held?

I stay at the Dockland but willing to go anywhere within central london....i've yoga classes in primrose hill so distance isnt much of a problem,....if its good, i'll make it.....

Many Thanks....

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back