Aptamil Easy Digest? or stick to Aptimil 1?

kadesmummy

Reaction score
We started on Cow&Gate, and he had a hard time and was sicking it up, really windy etc. So we were advised to switch to Aptamil 1.. which is helping.

He now feeds 2/3oz every 3/4 hours.. not amazing, but we're getting there.. but he's REALLY windy still, you can tell he's uncomfortable, windy and has a hard time settling, so we hardly get any sleep/rest, would it be worth it putting him on Aptamil Easy Digest? and see how he goes?

He's already on stage 2 teats as midwives said that could be the problem and he was too tired too fast so to use the faster flowing ones, and as aptamil easy digest is thicker we wouldn't need to change teats..

What do you think?

Personally i think there's no harm in giving it a shot

xx

I would maybe give it a wee bit longer for him to settle but it's up to you hun. Have you tried the stage 1 teats? I found the stage 2 quite fast - she'd really gulp the milk and get even windier.

Just beware of the horrible explosive nappies comfort milks can give (it's normal to have green, watery diarrhoea). We couldn't stick it out for long because Becky's bum was in tatters because of it.

:hug:

If you up their teats i find it causes them to have more wind.

Have you tried infacol before giving him the feed? If he's having a lot of wind maye try the Dr Brown bottles as these can help. Hope he settles soon :hug:

Hiya, I used the easy digest formula for Layla as she was very windy and had bad colic. I found her much better on it, and much less windy. I would agree that the stage 1 teats are better as the faster flowing ones cause them to swallow more air. I also used infacol and found this also gave relief. I stuck to the easy digest formula until 8 months and then moved onto follow on formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back