Appointment has come :-)

nicky1987

Reaction score
SO got my ultrasound appoinment through for 2 weeks today at 9.40am! says to go with a full bladder!! i have the weakest bladder ever anyway so that is gonna be a struggle!! Never had an ultrasound before so what should i expect?? xx

I too have a weak bladder and every time I have been fir an ultrasound I have to empty my bladder and have an internal scan. For a normal scan u lie on a bed and pull ur trousers/ skirt down to ur 'hairline', they then put the cold jelly on ur belly and using the scanner thing press quite hard down to have a look. Usually u don't see anything as the screen is turned away from u.

If u are like me and they can't see enough and have to do an internal, don't worry about it. They ask u to pee and strip off ur bottom half and give a gown to put on. They use a small probe like thing which is covered in jelly stuff, it doesn't hurt at all but can be abit uncomfortable when they look at the ovaries.

Don't worry about having either scan done as it is nice and easy, good luck Hun xx

Last edited:
Thanks hun, really hoping i dont have to have internal! but im hoping more that everything down there is all ok!!

Have had lots of scans and they are fine. just a bit uncomfortable at times.

good luck hun xxx

I didnt want to scare u with that just wanted to let u know! Just try and drink loads, I drank about 1 ltr before my last scan and still didn't have enough in me to get a clear tummy scan. Maybe I'm just unlucky!! Xx

I think everyone is different - I have a weak bladder and had 1 pint before I went and it was 'too full' that my bladder took up the screen!! I almost peed my pants when I got onto the bed :rotfl:

I don't have mine until the 11th of august. it seems like its ages away x x

is your scan for the same reason as mine?? im a little bit petrified they will find something wrong but the doc said he was certain everythings fine but the ultrasound was just to make sure!!! i will probably drink too much and then wee myself!!! x

hey hun its not until the 29th. OH cant get the morning off work cos his boss is being a t**t so going on my own :-S xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back