Apparently they can drink from straws...

Squiglet

Reaction score
What the title says really... :wall: So be warned

Tia didn't drink from a straw until she was 15 months, I was 14 months... So me being me... thought, its ok for lil miss to play with mummy's drink cup and straw. She likes straws...chewing on them, examining them, she's too young to drink from them... Well guess who decided to have a good old suck on the straw, and ended up with a mouthful of coke? :roll:

Oh and apparently 7 month old's really like coke too :x Had to throw the coke away as she went mad trying to get it... now I have a baby bouncing of the walls on just a mouthful of coke... Gah, heres me trying to be a good mummy, cutting out sugar and additives and she goes and has coke :wall: :wall: :wall: .... That will teach me to be a stupid idiot :wall: :wall: :wall: So be warned, they can drink through straws at 7 months. :shock:

And it has that whole chimpanzee touch a button get a reward thing about it too... She now knows if she sucks on a straw she gets a nice drink, I came home and tried her again with her water, encase it was a fluke.. and it wasn't :roll:

my daughter started drinking from straws at about 6 months and then wouldn't drink from anything else. She use to have to have her reflux medication in a syringe and she just used to suck it out of the syringe so that's how she knows what to do with a straw. I had my friend's LO the other day and gave her some juice (same as my daughter) and just assumed that she can drink from a straw as she's 2yrs old but she was just getting really angry at me and I couldn't figure why. I would have got angry too if the juice was so close but I couldn't get it.
Kids are amazing things aren't they.

AliMcC said:
my daughter started drinking from straws at about 6 months and then wouldn't drink from anything else. She use to have to have her reflux medication in a syringe and she just used to suck it out of the syringe so that's how she knows what to do with a straw. I had my friend's LO the other day and gave her some juice (same as my daughter) and just assumed that she can drink from a straw as she's 2yrs old but she was just getting really angry at me and I couldn't figure why. I would have got angry too if the juice was so close but I couldn't get it.
Kids are amazing things aren't they.

Lil miss has to take a lot of reflux meds through a syringe and she sucks it out... :think: Thats really interesting :D

Sorry that just made me laugh out loud! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Maybe we all try our LOs with straws to see if they can all do it or if it is a reflux thing?

Apparantly I drunk from a straw from an early age in similar circumstances to Lil Miss!

aww that's funny lol.

Lydia properly learnt how to drink from a straw at 10 months. I just showed her how to do it, and she copied me, and has been fine with straws ever since.

Alex has managed it about twice so far but that's all. It's a bit hit and miss with him. Usually he just puts it in his mouth and chews on it.

Thea used straws early too. I'v e had the baby steals a mouthful of coke thing, its so not fun!

Dan loves straws too, been drinking from them since about 8 months. He will only drink his water now with a beaker and straw. Its about the only thing he has done 'early'! :rotfl:

Misslarue said:
Dan loves straws too, been drinking from them since about 8 months. He will only drink his water now with a beaker and straw. Its about the only thing he has done 'early'! :rotfl:

as well as look scrummy!!! :wink:

Jamie loves straws, its not allowed to be water tho, HAS to be juice :roll:

We found this out a couple of days ago too- luckily it was smoothy though.....

They are growing up sooooo fast!

We often go walking for the afternoon and take a water bottle with a straw in it for the kids. Morgan doesnt like to be left out and has used a straw for a couple of months now, he has no problems at all with it.

mummykay said:
Misslarue said:

as well as look scrummy!!! :wink:

Jamie loves straws, its not allowed to be water tho, HAS to be juice :roll:

aaawww thanks hun! :hug:

:rotfl: :rotfl: that did make me giggle, i guess you've got to be thankful it wasn't vodka and coke! bless her!

James did it when he was 7 months. Apple juice though but still took me by surprise. Not as much as the other day when I wasn't paying attention, he tipped my glass over, mouthful of coke in it, started licking the coke off the table. Ooops.

hannah was exactly the same - at the same age, everyone in my family was completly amazed - she just knew what it was straight away!!

Well, this thread has just helped me make up my mind...I'm gonna try Evie with a straw.

I've been toying with the idea for a couple of weeks now because she refuses to use a sippy cup or a trainer bottle. She WILL NOT drink plain water so I have to add a bit of juice to it and giving it to her in a bottle makes me feel uneasy because I know it's bad for her teeth (which still haven't arrived but I'm sure they will soon!)

We've been trying but failing miserably to get her onto a sippy cup...I've bought at least 6 different ones now and she won't use them...she throws them on the floor! :roll:

Off to the shops to get straws now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back