anyones OH a mechanic???

frangelle

Reaction score
I have had my car for about a month and seem to have a knack of buggering them up!

So anyway I was driving along as normal when suddenly it started to sound like a boy racers car, really really loud, I was soooo embarrassed, and everyone was looking at me probably thinking look at that tw*t.

Is this likely to be something to do with the exhaust? I really hope its not an expensive job :(

So if anyone or there OH's has any knowledge of cars, I'd be very grateful :)

does it now sound tractor ish ? if so , possible the exhaust has a nice hole in it ? usual when its bad if u can see underneth you'll prob see it

G3M said:
does it now sound tractor ish ? if so , possible the exhaust has a nice hole in it ? usual when its bad if u can see underneth you'll prob see it

Yeah a little bit. Is that expensive to fix>? :?

It totally depends on where the hole is, some holes can be patched up easily, sometimes you need a whole new exhaust.
try not to drive it as the hole will get bigger and more expensive to fix.

i filled my hole in with some putty i bought from the garage, but in the end i got the whole lot replaced got it cheap from a scrapyard

Yeh it could be expensive, It all depends on which part needs replaced, what make of car you have and what garage you got to. Try to patch up the hole first and get saving and start shopping round for a good price. xxx

My uncle looked under the car and said one of the pipes has snapped :cry: That sounds expensive to me, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Depends hun, you can get bandage for exhausts to repair them and also exhaust putty like Dionne said. Your best bet is to get one from a scrapyard if your looking of a cheaper option. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back