Anyone Vegetarian and Pregnant?

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
Just wondering if theres anyone who follows a vegetarian diet and is or has been pregnant?
Looking for any advise nutrition wise!!! xxx

Hi there - I'm pescatarian, so eat fish but not meat. I have been absolutely fine getting the essentials with my diet during pregnancy. Iron levels have been fine (that was the one thing that did worry me), but I have been taking the Sanatagen supplements since TTC and will probably keep taking while (hopefully) breastfeeding.
I get plenty of protein through the fish I eat, plus nuts, plulses, etc.
I have upped the amount of cheese and milk to make sure I get enough calcium as I wasn't eating as much dairy as I should have before pregnancy. I actually didn't really like dairy - and during the first trimester it make me feel very sick. Since then though, I've really enjoyed extra yogurts, cheese, etc... So maybe my body did need that extra!
So long as your diet is healthy and balanced, I don't think being vegetarian is a problem in pregnancy.

I am not a vegetarian but throughout the last 13 weeks I have completely gone off meat and fish.... I teand to eat pretty much the same as Nic and I have been taking a Pregnacare suplement every day. I also couldn't really stomach dairy in Tri 1 but I am enjoying my yoghurts and cheese now!!

I also carry the trait for Beta Thalasemia which can cause reduced iron absorption levels, the doctors are monitoring my iron levels closely and I seem to be fine and having no issues for now. They may have to supplement it later on though xx

I'm Vegetarian. Not your normal type either. I don't like pulses, soya, garlic etc! I've made sure I eat cheese, eggs, yoghurt and drink milk. Have tried to up my vegetable intake which has been hard, as don't really like a lot of them! Have made myself eat broccoli which I hate, but good for iron intake. I love sprouts, so have upped the intake of these! Only thing is, they give you smelly wind! LOL!! Baked beans are good for you. Think it's protein they give you? Dried fruit like raisins are good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back