Anyone live near an airport?

Hazel

Reaction score
Found a house I like but it's a mile from a small airport that is set for expansion sometime in the future. Only freight and small amount of passenger flights daily.

Anyone live near an airport and how do you find it? Noisy?

I like planes and this house is lovely. :D

Hiya,

I live 11 miles away from Edinburgh airport and I'm on the flight path. I don't notice the planes going over at all but I have lived here 30 years so I am used to it. My DH's family always comment on the planes going over and usually say it's a down side to where we are living.

I would say that it could be quite noisey for you if you are not used to the noise, but you would most likey get used to the noise after a while. xxx

i live near heathrow and can be on flight path if theyve changes for some reason , im also near a tube line ! and northolt raf base tbh i hear them sometimes but others i just dont notice !

The house i just moved to is 4 miles away from Leeds Bradford airport and on the flightpath and i've barely noticed it. Thea notices the planes in the sky more than i hear them!

I'm near a tiny airport (sywell) and it doesnt have passager planes but it does have really noisy by-planes and old planes racing round all weekend!! Its ok and you do get used to it. If the house is nce then i'd go for it x

I live about 20 miles from the nearest airport and we live on the flightpath as well. Fortunately, not many planes take off from this one, so the noise from the planes is ok.

I used to live a couple of miles away from Leeds-Bradford, we only really noticed when the jets went over, not very often at all and you get used to it really quickly. We were right next to the train station too, the house was so much cheaper than it would have been somewhere else!

Maybe go and sit in your car outside the house for a while, a couple of different times of day so you can get a feel for how noisy it actually is?

When I stayed at home with my parents their house is literally a field away from Aberdeen Airport, and right next to the main Aberdeen - Inverness Railway line and we never notice a single thing.... the only time you would notice it was when the red arrows came to do their show every year - but then again you do want to see it :D

Melanie said:
The house i just moved to is 4 miles away from Leeds Bradford airport and on the flightpath and i've barely noticed it. Thea notices the planes in the sky more than i hear them!

Same for me (only a little further away but sitll on a flight path) :)

I had a house 5 mins from Manchester Airport and I never noticed a thing!

Thanks for all the replies. We go to the air show there and enjoy watching them so probably wouldn't be to bothered by it. I do like planes anyway. Jus twanted to get people opinions but think it will be fine.

The houses are sooo much cheaper and it's a mile from the seaside. 20 minute drive to DHs work when traffic is clear(does shift work) and can afford a 4 bed semi compared to the 2 bed (tiny semi) we're in now which is in a rough area.

The planes probably wouldn't go ove the main residential bit often anyway :think: .

i live about 15 mins from stanstard airport and we don't get alot of noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back