Anyone having there scan tomorrow?

Katie Ann

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else had their scan tomorrow? :D

I feel very excited and anxious at the same time. I'm twelve weeks and struggling to fit in my trousers! There's definitely somebody in there!

My friend said she had to drink loads of water before her first scan - is this right? The midwife never mentioned this to me. Also I got sent appointment at the hospital clinic for Monday - any ideas what this is for?

Its all new to me...

good luck tomorow. They ask you to fill your bladder so your womb is pushed up. :hug: hope that helped.

Yeah drink plenty of water before you go in and it makes it lots easier for sonographer to see baby and also you will get a clearer pic :)

As far as the other appointment that could be your booking appointment, have you had this yet?

Yep. My letter said to go with a 'comfortably full bladder'. I went having drunk a cup of tea, a glass of milk, two glasses of water and the milk I had with my cereal. That all added up to around 2 pints worth and the sonographer said that I had a nice full bladder so presumably that was about right.

I had to drink about a pint of water for my 12 week scan. I was really nervous because I hadn't suffered any pregnancy symptoms to speak of so I didn't believe that there was anything there!!! I had the scan then went to see the hospital midwife who weighed me :oops: and gave me my Bounty pack. I am now 22 weeks pregnant and have my 20 week scan tomorrow! I'm looking forward to this one because I can feel baby moving now so I know there's something there this time! lol! Good luck!

Hi, good luck for tomorrow hun :lol:

Strange....i went for my scan today and the lady said that when i come for my 12 week scan end on August that i diddnt need a full bladded. I was told to have a full bladder for the scan I had last week & today as it was so early on they could see better with a full bladder but because i was so desperate for a wee today she said "dont worry, next time you wont need a full bladder, just come as you are" :roll:

Hummm Id say go with a full baldder just in case! that way if he/she tells you that you dont need a full bladder you can pop to the toilet.

Has anyone else been told this?

Tiggy xxx

good luck, sure u wont need it.. its a really exciting time :hug:

Wishing you all the best for today! Do let us know how you get on!

Scan went well - the baby looks nice and healthy - heartbeat, two arms, two legs and a big head! It was wriggling around loads, it was so cool to watch - I wish I had my own scanner.

I did drank too much though so had to half empty my bladder - it is very hard to stop weeing half way through. I'm actually a week earlier than I thought - new due date 8th Feb. Will now have to figure out how to change ticker.

The midwife also told me what the second hospital appointment was for - it was an appointment for the fertility clinic! :D
I had been referred just before I found out I was pregnant, so I phoned them to cancel which the receptionist thought was highly amusing. :rotfl:

Thanks for all your advice and good luck with your scans. Can't wiat till the next one...

Im glad everything is okay! I had a scan last week, I thought I was 7 weeks but turned out to be 6 which was annoying..but it was soo amazing, the heartbeat made the whole baby flash! My OH said it sent tingles up and down his spine! All your 12 week scan stories are so cool, can't wait till mine! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back