Anyone have any idea?

Yvonne

Reaction score
Does anyone know what you are qualified with if you have a band 2?

The reason i am asking is that there is a job come up at my hospital that i have been waiting for for ages for a midwifery assistant, but it says band 2 needed and they offer training etc once competance is shown in the field to raise to level 3 NVQ.

Is a band 2 the minimum GCSE's you need etc to qualify or is is totally seperate training (medical training?) To me the way it puts it is you get trained as you do the job.

What do you reckon?

It starts about half way down the rest is just hospital information.
I really want to apply but not sure if the band 2 is medical training or just GCSE's results?

http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetai ... =911700946

i'm still confused Nicki, is the level 2 the same as good education, or is it still something seperate?!! :wall:

I'm so stupid! :lol:

hi hun iv only just seen this so might be a bit late but what it means is that they require you to have an NVQ 2 in a health field, like health care ect which you can do though a college it takes a year to train for a level 2, and 2 years for a level 3. Most of the training would be done on the job but they like you to have some understanding of health issues.

When i done a level 2 in childcare years ago i had to have at least 4 D grades at G.C.S.E to get on the level 2 course. It should be the same sometimes the qualifications are waived but it all depends.

Hope this is of some use x x

Thanks for that tracey, the GCSE's wouldn't be a problem but i don't have the level 2 in the medical field.

Oh well never mind!!

I would still enquire anyway they may be able to put you on the course while you work part time or something. I worked in a hospital for part time for a while as a HCA and i only had a level 2 in childcare but because i proved to them i was a quick learner i got to stay on there for a while.

Anything is possible hun if you put your mind to it and you want lose anything by applying. Good luck and if i can help in any other way just let me know. x x

Hi hun, i know we are chatting on msn at the mo but as youve just nipped out i thought id reply here !!!!

Sorry if my reply to your text today made no sence ! :doh:

Band 2 would require you to have an NVQ 2 or equilivant in healthcare, plus relevant gcses at grade C or above. (So band 1 for example would just look for gcses as a qualifaction)

Its worth ringing up though and finding out more as sometimes places will take you on and train you up to do the NVQ. But as you mentioned to me that they train you up for NVQ 3 then you would need NVQ 2 first of all !

Ok im probley not making any sence but hey ill chat to you in a bit !! :lol:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back