Anyone had Provera to start an af?

laurat

Reaction score
Hey girlies, well the next part of my journey is hopefully to begin on tues. I have an appointment at the dr after my all clear hsg on Wed. The fertility dr has sent my own dr the prescription for provera and clomid as Ive had no sign of an af since 9th May!

The idea Im pretty sure is that I have to get the provera which should induce a period then in turn follow with the clomid. The letter from the infertility dr said as my lining is so thin the provera may not work. I was wondering a couple things really and wondered if anyone can help

1 Has anyone else had provera and what is it a tablet or is it an injection like my old contraception depo provera?

2 Did it work for you and bring on an af?

3 If I even just spot as my lining is so thin do you reckon thats ok?

I know I should ask my own GP but my relationship with her and actually my confidence in her knowledge of fertility issues is not the best(long back story). You wonderful ladies tend to be more informative!

Hi hun, I will need to go back to my notes as I can't remember if it was provera that I was given or something else. (provera and clomid both sound familiar to me).
I saw the Dr so many times and had different things I can't always remember hun sorry but i'll definitely check for you.
I don't have periods or am lucky if I manage one or two.
I remember them giving me tablets which brought my periods on.
Can remember it working a little but still not a complete cycle (dies that make sense)

And 2009 I was given metformin (I think I had no periods that year) was only on it a few month and managed to get pregnant with it.

Sorry not helped much but I have a terrible memory and I didnt want to read and run.
Wish you all the best hun x

Thanks for the reply Lovisa. Its positive to hear of your success after having no real cycle either!

I was given provera in may to start my AF.. I took 2 tablets for 5 days then waited 17 days for Af to show! Sometimes it wont work.. My AF was different tho it was very light and lasted longer.. Good luck hopefully it works for you x

Oh thanks heartbroken. This lets me know its tablet form and may take a bit of time! Heres hoping it does work!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back