Anyone had a part time job while partially claiming benefits?

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
As most of you already know, my contract wasn't renewed when I was pregnant in my last job and no-one else would take me on.. So I have been unemployed for quite a while now. I hate sitting about all day, I love being with Odhrán don't get me wrong :love: but I feel like I need "something else"..

I claim income support, child benefit and tax credits.. I have a rough idea of what I can and can't do but not 100% sure on everything, I can work 16 hours per week without it affecting what I'm claiming.. Basically my "wage" will replace the income support. Everywhere I have looked at is minimum wage and after tax etc it works out I'm worse off. I'm waiting for the right thing to come up that suits me and Odhrán (times and days etc)..

I'm going down this road because of the useless people who work in my benefits office. I have made 2 trips to see them about getting me on a "getting back to work course" which gives me training while in a working environment or else they fund me to go back to study which I would love, I was last with them before Christmas where they said they would get in touch with the college to get me sorted, I have heard nothing, I have lost count of how many times I have been told "I will ring you back".. These people complain about how many people are on benefits but they aren't willing to help those who are trying to come off them.. Anywayyyy.. Anyone else had a part time job while in my situation? I would love to go back to work full time, but I don't want Odhrán in child care 40hrs a week, not only that but I simply couldn't afford it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back