anyone fancy training for a run maybe race for life?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
after the new year.. im desperate to get bk into shape, and if i have a goal something to do and aim for then it will push me to do it for longer i was really into running before i got pregnant so would like to get back into it so was wondering if anyone else fancied training to run/jog the race for life? or something else??

Nice idea but not for me. I did the Great North Run about fifteen years ago and swore I was never running anywhere again :D

Good luck though xxxx

I said to my Oh i might start jogging all all he said was.. you better get a sports bra then :roll: Cant say iv ever been in shape :(

i do a race for life every year, but never train for it!
I'm hoping to join DH's running club in the new year if we can get a decent baby sitter as they'll be putting my babies to bed so i'm not having a random 16yr old do it!

So in short, i'm in! Lol xx

Sounds like a good idea i used to play hockey before i got pregnant and was in quite good shape.

Im tempted to say yes i will give it a go with you Lisa but im wondering if i have the willpower to :think:

How far in the race for life and when is it.

Bloom said:
Sounds like a good idea i used to play hockey before i got pregnant and was in quite good shape.

Im tempted to say yes i will give it a go with you Lisa but im wondering if i have the willpower to :think:

I'm in rubbish shape and need to tone up - we could be running partners in the new year if you fancy it? I have no willpower but may be able to keep going if I'm not doing it by myself.

I am all in!! I ran for the Cancer research last summer and it was amazing! I went a bit downhill since then and I really miss my running. I sort of try to go and have an occasional run every now and then but really would love to get into routine running every day.

I am TTC, but it wont stop me! I want to be able to run 10km by summer, pregnant or not:D Actually, I want to run race for life 10km just under an hour. It would be great! :D

Tadpole said:
Bloom said:

I'm in rubbish shape and need to tone up - we could be running partners in the new year if you fancy it? I have no willpower but may be able to keep going if I'm not doing it by myself.

That could work we could motivate eachother.

Potbelijo said:
Nice idea but not for me. I did the Great North Run about fifteen years ago and swore I was never running anywhere again :D

Good luck though xxxx

I did the Great North run to back when i was 18 :D

I love doing charity rund ive done the above the cancer research one and the Great South Run

Which one are you thinking of doing??

id be intrested in supporting other girls who want to start running/jogging. i am wanting to get fitter and loose a bit of weight. x

right whos got ideas on training etc? im going to the gym 2-3 times a week and i want to start jogging round here 1st 9 not on the treadmil i will bang to much lol) then when ive got my weight down a bit il start picking it bk up at the gym. i used to be able to run on the treadmil b4 i got preggy used to do 15 mins..

Me me me! I fancy doing the great north run. I'll need to start training now though, I'm so unfit its unreal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back