Anyone else REALLY Impatient

emma1976

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't be wishing it away but I can't wait to go into labour. I still have just under 6 weeks to wait and it's driving me mad. I want to meet my baby. It's made it worse after having the 4D scan as I know what she looks like and it's like I know her already but she's stuck in there for another 6 weeks :( I wanna cuddle my baby and I feel like it's taking forever.

Is anyone else feeling this way?????????

Em xxxxxxxxxx

Yeah I guess. Thing is I think it's cos I finished work at 29 weeks due to splitting with the father and I worked with him and me being at home being bored out my skull really. 5 Weeks 6 days still feels like ages though :( I shall try to make more productive use of the time :)

Hope you are OK though hun and congrats on your little un.

xxxxxxxx

I'm not impatient about it at all.

I want to keep my baby inside me forever as the big lifestyle change is really going to be shocking and it daunts me loads.

Enjoy the last precious quiet weeks that you have left because life will never be the same again.

I'm getting a little impatient now too but also absolutely sh*ting myself about the labour bit!!!!! :?

Just want my little Bubble in my arms now xxx

I have just under 6 weeks to go too, and am sooo impatient!!! just cant wait to meet my baby and to be honest, really looking forward to not having to waddle or get OH to help me out the bath etc!!! Im hoping my little one will want to come a bit early and meet me!!!

Natalie x

Some days I feel impatient, others I feel overwhelmed at what little time is left of just me and DH.

I think cos I am gonna be single parent makes me more impatient as well. Just think about LO all the time now.
xxx

The whole 9 month thing is a weird time I think. You spend it wishing away, the baby basically interrupts your life from day 1. Things you want to do become things that you want to do 'after the baby is born', or you can't do things because your pregnant. If you know what I mean. I think that's what makes me impatient, it's limbo land!

I know it's gonna be a shock and life changing but I still can't wait for her. Knowing what she looks like and being alone as well gives you so much time to bond as well so everday feels like a week. It started when I visited the maternity ward at the Midwife Unit I'm having her at. All them ickle new borns, awwwwww, I wanted mine :)

i think when i visited my maternity unit at 38 weeks thats when i wanted my likkle one to apear too. now i only have a couple of days left im like is it today? tonight?? maybe tomorro??? i just want to know lol sometimes im wishing i had a little more time left but mostly im like with every little twinge - is this it??? grr its driving me crazy! lol

Awwww, hun hope your little un comes soon then :) Are you having a more natural birth as well. At first I was going to opt for all drugs possible at the city hospital but then when I saw the maternity led unit in another town I thought I would prefer to have her there as it was so nice and cosy and not part of the rat race, just a relaxed calm (won't be calm when I'm there screaming though) atmosphere. xxx

thanks chick, im not quite sure what drugs im going to opt for i think im going in with an open mind. i would like to just have gass and air but i dont think i would cope lol i was hoping to use aromatherapy but the oils are just so much money and with my mums and brother birthday soon im trying to not spend the money on myself and save up. but i really hope i dont have to have an epidural :shock: i wouldnt mind pethadine though. just see hat happens. the hospital im going to is horrible, i didnt rate it at all when i went to visit the unit but its the only hospital around for hours! :? its nice that you have a nice place to have your baby. are you hoping for natural then? xxx

Hi again,
Well I was going to go for an epidural but after going to antenatal and seeing the options I thought i would like to just go for gas and air and pethedine if I need to so then I decided that i would go to the midwife unit and try really hard to just cope with that. They have a lovely birthing pool as well which i would like to have if its not in use. So yes, I am going to go for it I think - eek! What am I letting myself in for :)

If things get too bad it's a 20 minute transfer to the Main hospital so I will go up there (that's when bubs is born in the ambulance :)
xxxxx

I was wishing the time away a few weeks ago, but now I've finally finished work, I don't feel ready - got so much to do and I'd like a bit of time to relax too, so I'm actually not feeling in a rush. But I think if baby gets much lower down then the discomfort will become the overriding factor and I'll be desperate for the little poppet to make an appearance!!

It's funny because no amount of people telling us 'life will never be the same' and 'make the most of this precious time before baby arrives' stops us from wishing away our pregnancy, but I bet after a month of looking him / her, we'll be telling pregnant girls the same thing!

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back