• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else living in another country?

EllieBelle

Reaction score
We moved to France last year and just wondering how many others live in other countries?

Its all quite strange and a little stressful, the procedures are so different from the UK, no-one has mentioned a midwife, although been for blood & urine tests yesterday (get the results back today).

First scan is at 10 weeks here, which I believe is 2 weeks earlier than the UK? I just cant understand the language all that well yet, which gets so frustrating (not their fault).

Just feeling all nervous, and part of me wants to come home......although France is supposed to have one of the best healthcare systems in the world!

I guess it will be wonderful to have a bi-lingual child in a few years (if all goes well).....

Im so nervous though :(

I had all three of my babies in Switzerland but I also spent some time living in France and know lots of women who have had babies there.

Whereabouts are you?

I realise they do things slightly differently (the main difference being that in France they give an epidural as a matter of course, and you have to ask them NOT to if you don't want it - they don't have gas and air either!) but on the whole I think it's pretty much the same.

Do you at least have an English speaking OBGYN? The vast majority do speak English - not so the midwives :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back