Anyone else feeling terrified for 12wk scan??

Thank you Keely! Yeap a little annoying we gotta wait for screening BUT we'll also get to compare the difference a week makes hehe :)

1 for girl! I've popped it up for gender guesses...so over the moon :) Good luck with your scan on 19th Keely! Keep us posted :) xx

Thanks, I will do! I will pop my guess on your new thread x

Aww... lovely pic :)
I remember just not actually believing there was a baby in there until seeing that on the screen - I refused to let myself believe anything, maybe that was a fear response! Then I couldn't stop laughing seeing it move and she kept losing the image lol
It makes it all the more real to see it in there ;-)

Thanks Yorkslass! yeah it really does make it more real seeing a little baby shape on the screen!! I think baby was snoozing this time but going to drink orange juice before the scan next week - apparently it can make baby more active! Can't wait!! Not long to go for you :)

Yey!!! So glad everything is ok - know how anxious you have been feeling!!! How do you feel now?!? Your scan is so like mine so I bet we are having the same sex!!! X

I ate a millionaire's shortbread thing before one scan and if was practically turning somersaults on the screen with the sugar rush... ahaha

Yorkslass - I heard having chocolate does the same trick so maybe I'll just eat everything sugary in the morning ;) haha!

Miller - Thank you!! Yeah I'm so so relieved...when the scan came on the screen I blurted out "where's the heartbeat??" and she pointed it out...phew! But then she went on to say "I'll be honest...." well my heart sank for a moment. But she just said that baby was measuring 48mm and thats the borderline for doing the screening so advised to go back next week. I mean, did she have to say it like that haha! Just so glad all is well and we have our pic for our announcement!! Are you finding out the gender Miller? Sorry couldn't remember if you'd said :) xx

Glad all is well. Lovely pic :pink: :wink:

Yorkslass - I heard having chocolate does the same trick so maybe I'll just eat everything sugary in the morning ;) haha!

Miller - Thank you!! Yeah I'm so so relieved...when the scan came on the screen I blurted out "where's the heartbeat??" and she pointed it out...phew! But then she went on to say "I'll be honest...." well my heart sank for a moment. But she just said that baby was measuring 48mm and thats the borderline for doing the screening so advised to go back next week. I mean, did she have to say it like that haha! Just so glad all is well and we have our pic for our announcement!! Are you finding out the gender Miller? Sorry couldn't remember if you'd said :) xx

God, I think my heart would have sank as well!!!!!

Yeah, we are finding out a week on Saturday :) xx

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Charlie :) wonderful news you're having twins!! I'm sure all will be fine tomorrow, lots of luck and enjoy!!

Thanks Ruby - I'm sure you're right, just can't come quick enough now!! xx

The scan went well, everything seemed fine and I have been dated as 14 weeks. I wasn't able to have the NHS screening test but when I told them we have done a private Harmony test they said that's fine as its better than the NHS screening so no need to go through the NHS scoring system. I have commenced the dreaded telling people about the pregnancy....feel very worried something will go wrong again but at the end of the day most people tell people when they get to 14 weeks after their scan and screening results....so I figured I may as well start fessing up! Having quite a lot of shocked responses at it being twins!!!

Congrats on your good scan too!

Awww Charlie so glad your scan went well too!! I think its quite personal about when you want to tell people... we're doing it this weekend...have to remember there's nothing you can do that'll cause anything bad to happen (so myideife told me)..so I'd just go for it and enjoy every moment!! :) xx

Had my scan today and the little monkey was upside down so I'm having so go back again. Anyone else find the full bladder difficult? I had loads to drink but still wasn't full enough.

Also worried! Only about 6 weeks so have a while until my scan which sucks, can't wait to get my date through and start counting down.
I will probably end up doing a couple more clear blue digitalis just to take comfort in the weeks going up on it!

Soph277.. Be careful testing. I tested at 6 weeks and it was a lot fainter. I then diluted the urine and tested again and I got a strong positive. The hook effect happened early with me. I'm 8+5 today and my tests are almost negative. Just a heads up so you don't panic lol just to add.. I've had 3 scans so far and baby is fine so my hcg hasn't dropped. It's just too high for the tests to process xx

Karael - the little ones already causing mischief eh!! We also have rescan Tuesday...whens yours? Its like a bit of an anti climax cuz you build yourself up for the scan then you're told to go back and you're back to counting down again! I struggled with the full bladder thing...but the sonographer said I dont need it so full next time as my uterus has risen out of the pelvis already :)

Soph - i agree eith Slb, ive not had personal experience of testing later on in pregnancy, but heard loads lf stories about tests becoming "overloaded" with hcg so they don't show a positive sometimes. I was told not to test after 6 weeks because of that book effect. :/ It would scare the living daylights out of me if I saw a negative or a faint!

Good luck with your scans everyone!!! So exciting!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back