Anyone else feeling terrified for 12wk scan??

Sharcaz

Reaction score
I have my 12 week scan Wednesday morning...I've been so so excited and now suddenly I'm absolutely terrified that something won't be right. I've read it's quite normal to feel this way but it's so intense!!! We had a 7wk scan and saw a heartbeat so hoping that means less chance of anything going wrong.

Also seeing others devastating stories of their 12wk scan is just heartbreaking, I don't know how ladies cope with such news :(

Anyone else in the same boat or am I just being ridiculous? xx

Mine is on Friday and I've never been so terrified. I don't know how I'd cope if there's something wrong. But at the same time I can't wait to finally see my baby. Safe to say it's a very confusing time.

I felt exactly the same - I couldn't sleep the night before, and gave up trying about 4am. I had convinced myself it would be a missed miscarriage but all turned out well. I'm sure it will for you too!!! The chances at this point of a loss are very slim, but I totally get your worry xxx

I feel the same I'm only 9 weeks but had a scan like you at 7 weeks. I've convinced used something has gone wrong since then!

I'll just be glad to get it over and done with! X

I'm due same date as you sharcaz, although I see ur ahead ticker wise. I ov late tho so expect I'm not as far on as estimated.

Got my scan on Friday and def feeling v scared. Wasnt sick at all yesterday but still have every other symptom. But have read that this isn't always fool proof as hormones stay elevated.

Hope everything goes OK with ur scan xx

Thanks for all the replies ladies - really makes me feel better I'm not the only one worrying!! Also very excited to see our baby - it's going to be magical, and then that niggle sets in and I start wondering if it really will be magical! Ahhh I'll fighting with my head until I see that screen!

Sparkles I've also been looking up symptoms of a loss...I just keep checking my boobs are still sore and take comfort in that ;) the things we do eh!

Miller - I think I've begun the sleepless nights over it eeek! So glad your scan went well though :)

Good luck everyone who's due for their scans! Can't wait to see everyone's piccies and show we've been worrying for nothing :) xxx

I had my 12 week scan last Wednesday and I felt the exact same! I was terrified and I had in my head that something was wrong with the baby. It was such a relief when we seen baby wriggling around.

Its totally natural to be scared. Good luck to everyone for your scans! :) xx

Thanks Beee - so glad your scan was all good! can't wait to feel that relief...we've planned to see family at the weekend and tell them all too eeek! :) xx

I'm almost 10 weeks and haven't been given a date yet for my 12 week scan I had a private scan last week and baby was moving and heart was beating but I know that doesn't mean by 12 weeks it could be a different story so I'm very nervous but also staying positive

Sharcaz totally normal. I too had an early viability scan at 7 weeks and was still petrified at my 12 week. I'm sure everything will be fine. Best of luck 🍀

Thanks Louise :) really reassuring to know :) xx

Mummywanabe...bet that was an amazing scan :) not long til your dating scan nos, hope you get an app through soon!! Everything will be fine for all of us and all this worrying will have been for nothing I'm sure :) xx

I was the same at 12 and 20 week scans!
just relax. As soon as you see your baby on the screen it'll all melt away. It's just so magical!

I feel very worried. Have our 12/13 week scan tomorrow.

I have already had 3 private scans and each one has shown the twins growing at the same rate and I have had an early harmony screening test so know that all is 'OK' at the moment.

I am still convinced it will be bad news tomorrow....

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Charlie :) wonderful news you're having twins!! I'm sure all will be fine tomorrow, lots of luck and enjoy!!

Thanks Ruby - I'm sure you're right, just can't come quick enough now!! xx

I am really scared..my scan isn't until 23rd May so I am just trying to forget about it for now but my symptoms seem to have gone and I am feeling a lot better so I am worried they are going to give me bad news! This is my second pregnancy...With my daughter I felt as though I waited ages for my first scan but this time it seems to be going a lot quicker. I guess it's normal to feel like this but everything goes through your head! I haven't had any bleeding or anything to suggest something bad has happened but until I actually look and feel pregnant Im just going to worry about everything. Good luck for your scan xx

My scan is 19th may I'm so nervous. I was going to tell people after this scan but I want to wait until after the combined test results have come back instead. With my first I was so excited for the scan but this time I'm very nervous x

Scan day is finally here...it's at 10:45 and I'm pretty damn nervous now but also excited. Had mega nightmares last night!! Just want all to be ok! Think I'll keep a lot easier after today (hopefully!). Hope you're all doing well ladies xxx

Scan day is finally here...it's at 10:45 and I'm pretty damn nervous now but also excited. Had mega nightmares last night!! Just want all to be ok! Think I'll keep a lot easier after today (hopefully!). Hope you're all doing well ladies xxx
Good luck! Hope all goes well xx

Well...All was good!!! Baby is great and we saw the heartbeat (relief!!!) - we've gotta go back next tuesday for the screening as baby needs to uncurl its chin from its chest a bit before they can do it. But all's looking great and so so pleased and relieved! Hopefully I've attached the piccie...:)

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 25
Well...All was good!!! Baby is great and we saw the heartbeat (relief!!!) - we've gotta go back next tuesday for the screening as baby needs to uncurl its chin from its chest a bit before they can do it. But all's looking great and so so pleased and relieved! Hopefully I've attached the piccie...:)
Oh wow such a lovely clear scan! Congrats. Pro's and cons though for Tuesday. Pro you get to see baby again, con that its going to take longer the receive your test results. lol

And if I may, I guess a little girl. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back