Anyone else feel lonely?

vampybear

Reaction score
I have lived on my own since January and was fine with it for quite a while, but since getting pregnant i seem to be finding myself being lonely a lot.

I feel like pregnancy is quite isolating, and part of that is old friends who only contacted me to go clubbing, no longer assume I will want to do anything.

Dad of the baby and i are not getting on great- i dont feel he has any empathy at times i need him to and he doesnt seem to prioritise as i would hope he would, which has put me off him being involved at all if im honest.

First trimester i felt awful so didnt have a social life, but now i just feel very alone. I only have a couple of friends, which seems to be coz as i have got older i have preferred my own company and people have moved away or settled down.

Dunno, just feeling quite down and didnt know if it's me or the hormones, or a mix of both!

Hi Hon,

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit lonely and sending you lot's of love.

It must be difficult if things aren't going very well with the dad, there's so many changes going on and as you say a cocktail of different hormones as well!

I'm on my own too this weekend (my partners away with his children from a previous marriage) and it feels weird, as haven't told anyone yet, so sort off kicking around the house by myself.

Hugs coming your way and hope you're feeling chipper soon - maybe a walk in the sun would be nice today? :)

xx

Its a mix of hormones and reality Im afraid, hormones just highlight the reality!

Ive been through the same experience as you, as Im sure most of the ladies on here have, and Ive personally found pregnancy as a reality check. The friends that are my true friends have stuck by me and made a constant effort. Then there's the people I thought were my real friends to only discover that they actually weren't and haven't really made any effort to bother with me since.

i have no close friends, just a couple of ppl i hang out with sometimes so i can understand. im lucky i have my OH and family there for me

i did have my OH but not anymore, but it all happens for a reason i guess.
i wonder if i can make new friends once baby is born.
thanks for ur replies!

yeah im told its easy to make new friends when LO is born, plus there are bump and baby clubs going round the country. my local one is on a monday so maybe once im on mat leave i can check it out and meet some ppl.

I'm sure you will make loads of new friends once the baby is born - you will meet others with children:)

I hope you're feeling better soon!!

xx

I've found it hard! I have good days I have bad days, I just try and focus on LO

My first pregnancy - a week b4 I found out I was pregnant I broke up with bf of 4 years. He was a complete idiot and luckily I noticed before I was stuck with him because of the baby. I have to be honest and say, very few of the people I classed as 'friends' at that point are still friends now, 4 years later.

I can say thst having my daughter encouraged me to become friendlier with a completely different group of people. These people are amazing and I can guarantee that they are true friends. through good times and bad, they are there for me! I feel so much happier than I did before I had my daughter!

You're right, your hormones are defo not helping right now. I do want to reassure you that you will not always feel lonely. You will manage to get out and about again, even if it's not with the people that you imagine it'll be with. More importantly, your bond with your little baby will be amazing! They will see you as the most important person in their life! If they only live with you, you are the most increadible person to them. You don't have to share that bond with anyone else.

My daughter still sees her biological father, still has a relationship with him. Yet the relationship I have with her is a much deeper one. Shd also has a very doting step father, who has lived with her for 2 years. She adores him, and he her.... Yet I am always The one that she chooses first. We have an unbreakable bond! Your loneliness will definitely go - I assure you!!!! Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back