Anyone else experience this pain (have spoken to midwife)

Bugsy

Reaction score
I made it to 14 weeks!

I've been feeling some discomfort (mild pain) in my stomach / groin etc. Spoke to midwife just to find out if normal / when to worry (I refuse to google anything this time) as its my first pregnancy to get past 8 weeks. She said as long as I have no bleeding and I'm not doubled over in pain not to worry.

I suppose I just want to make sure others (and I know not all pregnancy are the same) are experiencing similar discomfort.

I have had cramps & stretching type pain throughout this pregnancy so far. It's quite normal so try not to stress. Best of luck for the rest of your pregnancy x

this is my first past 8 weeks too. It's scary. I have felt similar, a bit like shooting pains in the lady parts as well. I asked my consultant abd she said not to worry unless it's persistent/constant. Xxx

Last edited:
Stretching is totally normal. I rwmber at 16 weeks I had such an awful pain in my bump. I was so
Worried! But everything was fine and I was just overdoing it a little at work.

I have pain in lower belly as well sometimes more towards the right side. At first I was worried as well but now I don't think about it that much. Its normal unless you get bleeding and the pain is bad and last a long time I think xx

Thanks all for putting my mind at rest :)

It's so hard to know what is normal and what to worry about! All my friends who have been pregnant said they didn't remember having pains until a lot later on.

I fear it's going to be a long 26 weeks of me worrying about every little thing .....lol

I know what you mean.. I try to relax and enjoy my pregnancy but I can't help worrying! We tried for a long time so this baby is so wanted!!

I am sure you are fine and try to relax. Sometimes just lying down and concentrating on your breathing will relax you a lot! :) x

Try not to worry, I destroyed my first pregnancy by worrying constantly.

Thanks - I'm really trying not to worry and manage most days.

I think because I was seen every 2 weeks during my first Trimester (due to multiple miscarriages) it was nice and reassuring. Now I'm passed 12 weeks and consider low risk I'm seen in line with everyone else - think I'm really missing the reassurance of seeing the baby every two weeks.

Thanks - I'm really trying not to worry and manage most days.

I think because I was seen every 2 weeks during my first Trimester (due to multiple miscarriages) it was nice and reassuring. Now I'm passed 12 weeks and consider low risk I'm seen in line with everyone else - think I'm really missing the reassurance of seeing the baby every two weeks.

Hun I'm sure your little sticky bean is so comfy inside there that it will be just fine :)

My cousin is unable to stay pregnant and has had multiple MC, all ending around 6-8 weeks I think. Your sticky bean is giving me hope that one day she will be lucky enough to get her own sticky bean.

The best of luck to you, I'm sure it will be just fine :)

Definitely had lots of random pains like that myself! Don't worry too much. The best phrase I heard to describe one of the pains was 'lightning crotch' - that pretty much sums it up!

Fanny daggers... Oh yes, they're wonderful lol

Fanny daggers... *adds that one to the phrase list*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back