Anyone else been selected?

violet-glow

Reaction score
I got a phone call saturday morning, had totaly forgotten about it :doh:

Woman from Emmas diary said I had been selected out of the hurdreds or people that applied. My reaction 'What the hell you on about?' lol She said I had won a photo session, basicly a photographer was going to come to my house and take pics of zack and I. I would choose the one I liked best, they would take it away frame it and then send it back. I dont have to pay anything whats so ever. It just seems weird to me, because Zack is now 2 years old and its taken them 2 years to do the prize draw??
Needles to say I said yes.... well its free of course im going to say yes lol
Photographers coming on sep 4th. Thinking I should have someone else here though, just incase it turns out to be dodgy :?

Anyone else had a phone call???

Hiya

I havent had a call either, however it is possible that this is a marketing drive of some sort. Seeing as it is a couple of years since you entered into the compatition they may just be digging out old entries and contacting everyone!

I 'won' a free session with Cover Shots International many moons ago and the session was in fact free, however they took lots of pics and I loved them all so much I ended up spending a fortune on an album!!! (my months salary at the time!!!!) They were very clever sales peeps and I was young and naive! lol

So enjoy the session but be mindful of what you sign for or agree to and be strict with yourself if they offer you a package 'to good to miss'

I got a call and turned them down. It's good as long as you're not tempted to buy the rest because they are ridiculous prices. Once you see them they think you wont be able to resisit and bingo they have a sale. But if you just go for the free one it's a great prize!! I couldn't just keep the free one, I'd want them all, that's why I turned them down :D

yeah i had that a while ago, the pics came out lovely :)

xx

Beany said:
however they took lots of pics and I loved them all so much I ended up spending a fortune on an album!!!

Yes thats the thing! i have just had some photos taken of jamie by pixiphoto as i had a voucher for a "free photoshoot" worth £20 etc etc!
however the woman took 7/8 photos of which i only get one free!! if i want the rest then it will cost £140 for the lot!! :shock: (which she told me was a bargain as they are valued at £280 so i will have it half price!!!!! :roll: )
I get them back on tuesday and how on earth i will just be able to pick one is impossible!!!! they made jamie smile and giggle etc and every photo was different (ie, different backgrounds, holding a teddy, a football etc) so i just know that they are gona be lovely photos which i willl end up buying the lot!!!!!!
so its all very well them saying "free photoshoot" etc but they are making money as they just know 95% of parents wont be able to resist buying more pics!!

I have them Emmas diary photographer coming on Wednesday

You get 1 7 x5 phot free and i know i will be so tempted, but i got a price list of them

Standard Prints Enlargements are
7 x 5 £24 12 x 10 £45
10 x 8 £30 16 x 12 £60
20 x 16 £90

FRAMED 10 x 8 £110 :shock: need i tell you the rest?? It goes up to £290 for 1 framed print!!!!!

Granny pack 4 prints of 7 x 5 £48
10 x 8 £65
6 Prints & x 5 £65
10 x 8 £90
Mixed packs are betwee £59 & £79

i think it's dead dear and dunno how i am gonna resist was thinking of asking them to put them on a disc and i will pay for that then print off at my leasuire

:shock: :shock: BLIMEY!!!!!

**rips up credit card** thats alot of money, going to have to just take the free one. Hope I can hold back from buying more :?

My OH has warned me!!!!!!!
I keep looking at the price sheet thinking Hmmmmaybe we could afford that one and Oh is like" put that bloody sheet down" :roll:

lol.... oh god I know im not going to be able to stop myself :(
Im be phoning OH on the day asking him to stop off at the bank :?

I really can't do it, I have just spent a good chunk on Oh's wage on Cloth nappies so i cannot fork out for this as well!!!

as long as i get a nice one of Emily and Jack i will be happy :fib:
will copy them and frame them and give out as chrissie prezzies :lol:

I took OH with me as he is tougher then me. He had to drag me away but I am glad we didn't fork out all the money now. The free one we have is gorgeous and it's enough for us.

i remember when i was 15 i won a makeover day in london i had a really nice day but the pics cost loads!

my dad paid £700 for 3 pics on canvas! hes soo pround of them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back