• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone been to the doctor about ttc?

scottishlassie

Reaction score
Hiya, I think i'm just getting myself worried basically. I keep telling myself that it can take a while to conceive. But I also tell myself "maybe get checked...just to put my mind at ease"....

I guess i'm just looking to hear "you're fine... it will happen in its own time".

It's still early days for me, third month ttc.

Anyone got advice? Can doctors do any checks in the first stages for you, just to put your mind at ease? I've went and booked an appt for later this afternoon, and i'm going to my doctor i have been with for a few years now, she knows me pretty well! Just want to bring up the subject and see if she has advice for me.

I just wanted to see if you girlies knew anything, just in case i go to my appt, and my doc says "nothing i can do for you", i don't want to come away gutted, if you girls tell me first, then i know i'm not going to go to an appt for nothing!

:) x

Well hun if your cycles are regular etc then I don't think a doc will be able to do much for you. They'll just tell you to enjoy practicing. I think you have to wait for a year without success before they'll even entertain looking into it for you. I'm getting a referral cos I've not had an AF for 9 months, that's what the concern is with me, not the ttc bit. If I were you i'd take folic acid, eat healthily, try not to drink too much booze, don't smoke, and enjoy the fun with your o/h. You can also try ov testing and temping too if you want more ideas (sorry dunno how much of this you do already). Best of luck and I'm sure you'll get there very soon xxx

Thanks for replying Princess. They aren't completely regular (by about 2 - 4 days, it can change). I think i'm just getting myself worried about things, I was feeling so positive about last month, and when af hit me i thought "there must be something wrong" :(. I've bought ov test cheapies, they should be arriving soon. so when af is finishing i will start testing to catch ov! going to get some folic acid too :). Thanks for the advice though! I just had to off loads here coz i know there are girls out there in my position, its good not to be alone with your worries! I hope everything goes okay with your referral! Are you still ov'n and ttc in the mean time? xx

Hiya scottishlassie, i know what you mean i would love to know if everythings working ok or not!

Im 34 and in my 4th month of TTC because of my age i am giving myself until January and if nothing happens by then im going to the docs!

Best of luck, hope you get BFP soon

Baby Dust from me xxx

Hiya spinneygirl, yeah it would make me feel better if I knew for sure I'm alright. Went to the docs appt anyway. She didn't have much to say other than go get myself some folic acid, so I've bought some :). Other than she said it is too early to start testing me, still early days, so just to keep doing what I'm doing and stop gettin worried basically :).

Hope you get your BFP soon hun!! Best of luck and loads of babydust xxx

Last edited:
When i went i was told a normal healthy couple will take 6 months to a year on average.
I am on my 16th month. She will do bloods at 18 months but have to wait two years for all the interanl proper tests.... x

Doctors don't generally see you until 1 year of trying. :hugs: Keep up the PMA chick, we're all here for you xx

Thanks sb :) I'm feeling more positive tonight, I was just getting a bit worked up because when af showed up I was really gutted - thought we had done it this month. But anyways, I'm ready to try more and enjoy the journey to making and having our first baba! :) hope you are having an easy happy pregnancy - must be so exciting!

Hi Rebecca, hope you get a nice surprise and get your BFP before you start the tests :) best of luck hun and loads of babydust to you

Xx

Thanks for replying Princess. They aren't completely regular (by about 2 - 4 days, it can change). I think i'm just getting myself worried about things, I was feeling so positive about last month, and when af hit me i thought "there must be something wrong" :(. I've bought ov test cheapies, they should be arriving soon. so when af is finishing i will start testing to catch ov! going to get some folic acid too :). Thanks for the advice though! I just had to off loads here coz i know there are girls out there in my position, its good not to be alone with your worries! I hope everything goes okay with your referral! Are you still ov'n and ttc in the mean time? xx

I think I may still ovulate, but dunno when to test due to lack of any cycle iykwim? My fella's in afghanistan at the mo so only had time for TTC 11 days in August. He's back in 3 weeks so yip then he will be attacked :lol:

Thanks sb :) I'm feeling more positive tonight, I was just getting a bit worked up because when af showed up I was really gutted - thought we had done it this month. But anyways, I'm ready to try more and enjoy the journey to making and having our first baba! :) hope you are having an easy happy pregnancy - must be so exciting!
Xx

Aye I know that feeling only too well. Its funny , we tried for a year, seen a doctor, and she got us to do tests. It was only when the results of OHs came back that I got a bfp the same day with our DD :wall2: typical!

It is, but very nerve wracking too. :oooo:

Last edited:
We've been trying since Jan last year so I'm getting to the stage where i'm going to have to go to the doctors. Just found out that one of my colleagues wives is 16 weeks pregnant after being off the pill for a couple of months. Just wanted to cry.... a lot. Why's it so easy for some, and others of us it's so hard.

hi guys iv been trying to concieve for 18 months im 22 nearly 23 . i wentto doctor a few weeks ago and checked me over had a smear test everything is fine . . my last period was the 29/8/10 ovulated early for me at 10dpp normally on day 13 wor 14 have a regular cycle pretty much anything from 26 to 28 days im due on again the 25 they say if you ovulate early then your period if due to come will come early. now at 6dpo all day had kind of twinges but in the evening it felt ennoying more than anything then got a slight back ache more aching than anyting else . took iburphen then it went withing 20mins or so . woke up today with nothing could this of been implantation . last night had to wee like every 20mins before bed and had hot flushes a few times yesterday but back to normal today . anyone could help any answers grateful thanks x

Hiya, I have gone to the dr at several intervals. I went about 3 month TTC and had my preconception bloods done about 5 weeks ago. I went earlier this week and have been referred for the 1st of 3 CD21 blood tests. I think he said they are checking for hormone levels. I am 23 so am quite lucky to be referred before 12 months. But OH has had tests and he is completely fertile, so that maybe why my dr referred me.

good luck

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back