Can the doctor determine pregnancy with a blood test earlier

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by SarahH, May 4, 2005.

1. SarahH

SarahH Well-Known Member

Hi!

I was just wondering if a doctor can determine pregnancy earlier with a blood test rather than urine.
    I am so sure I'm pregnant, I have the sicky feeling, sore boobs, awful taste in mouth, dizzyness, high temp. :cry:
    My period was due to start today (I know I'm probably getting too excited!!) but I've done the first responce test and came back with a negative. Should I get an appt for blood test or should I just wait? :?
    I know there is defo something as I just feel different.

S. xx :wink:

2. jennyr1985

jennyr1985 Well-Known Member

Yes they can detect pregnancy earlier. Sometimes upto a week before your period is due.Have u done another test?maybe wait a few days and test again, if your already up to the day that your period is due it may be worth waitng a few days.
    xx

3. AmesRaye

AmesRaye Active Member

I don't know if you still check the forum, but the DR.s can detect pregnancy from the moment you conceive. hCG is only produced when you are pg, and >5 is not pregnany, and <5 means pregnant. Your body starts produceing that hormone damn near immediatley. Go to the Dr.s and ask for an hCG QUANtative. Not Qualitative.
    Keep me up to date!