Anyone applied for jobs on mat leave?

TORino

Reaction score
There is a senior managers position at work that I would like to apply for, if for nothing else than to show willing but I feel really out of the loop with stuff at the minute. I've only been off for 12 weeks. :shock:

Has anyone been brave enough to apply for jobs or promotions during their maternity leave?

Nope but I think you should go for it! Wishing you the best of luck chick xxxxxxx

I haven't but I know what u mean about feeling out of the loop, work are ment to inform me of ant operational changes etc .... Well I went into about two weeks ago to disscuss returning to work and I near had a heart attack, nearly half of the staff have left , including the general manager of the hotel . Tbh am really possed off with work also the girl who is currently doing my job is not happy as when I come bk I will be doing 3 days in the office she will do the two am not there and then for her additional 3 days she has to go back to reception which was her old job. Now she is saying that She is leaving because am comming back , am like hello it's my job I never left I had a baby xxx

No but know what it's like to miss all the gossip when you're not there! Have you got a friend that works there who could fill you in on any changes to help keep you up to date?

There's just been a restructure and I have been fortunate to come through it unscathed. I don't even have to apply for my post, it's a straight slot in for me which I am very lucky to have. Most people have to apply for their own jobs.

I'm missing out the gossip on who's going to apply etc not being there.

It's a daunting prospect

I have. But I'm lucky in the sense that my boss wants me to have to post. And I actually think the girl who is retiring has delayed leaving so shes going just as my mat leave finishes.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I would go for it hun, would be great if you got it, when would it be to start and would it mean you would have to go back early?

Go for it. What have you go to lose. xxx

Eeeeeek. Scary.

It would be a good opportunity but I'm not sure of my chances.

Im hoping to start looking for a new job in the next few months lol x

I would say go for it. I did. I was working in a factory for the nhs that distributed food to the hospitals and nursing homes etc and 6 months into my maternity I applied for a position of auxiliary nurse with the nhs. Got interview in Feb 2012, offered job in March 2012 and started May 2012.

You CAN do it ;) Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back