• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybodys DHs in the emergancy services?

Terrie

Reaction score
My DH is a crew member of Rhyl Lifeboat Station and is on call 24/7 for emergancy sea rescues. He has training twice a week, goes on loads of courses and when his pager beeps he's straight out of the door.

Now the weather is getting better (so they say) his number of emergancy call outs will increase and he will be very busy. Lastnight he had a call to go rescue somebody on a boat who had fallen and broken his arm and cracked his head on something metal.

Im proud that my hubby saves lives at sea... i just wish it wasnt so bloody often :rotfl:

So i was wondering if any of you girls are in the same boat as me? (no pun intended) and how do you cope when your hubbys pager goes off and they drop everything to go save lives?

Not me but my OH always goes on about how he'd love to work on the lifeboats. :)

Sounds like a very interesting job.

My DH is a Police Officer; so he can work some very long shifts but doesn't have a pager; thankfully :D

Urchin said:
Not me but my OH always goes on about how he'd love to work on the lifeboats. :)

If he can get into it its great but its a lot of commitment and takes up a lot of time. we dont go out on day trips 'just incase' and there have been nights where Colin has had to sleep at the boathouse because theyve been on 'emergancy standby' if there are flood warnings etc!

Tina & Gabs said:

My DH is a Police Officer; so he can work some very long shifts but doesn't have a pager; thankfully :D

ditto (pcso) , and the fact his never 'off the job' always looking at dodgy peeps :rotfl: i hate his hours tho , not too bad now im not at work but was awfull when i was :cry: and the fact there's some crazy peeps in london :shock:

My DH is a firefighter, I dont really like the shift thing. The nightshifts when DD was a tiny baby were a nightmare - I was jealous of him going to work when I had to stay and cope with all the screaming and night feed business on my own!

G3M said:
Tina & Gabs said:

ditto (pcso) , and the fact his never 'off the job' always looking at dodgy peeps :rotfl: i hate his hours tho , not too bad now im not at work but was awfull when i was :cry: and the fact there's some crazy peeps in london :shock:

My OH is a police sargeant and is on nights this week, im dreading the night feeds!! Gem my OH is exactly like yours, and do you find that you have to be careful with who you associate with? I lost a few friends when i first started going out with darren as they didnt like him being a copper, but im glad i stuck with him and not them!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back