Anybodys baby intolerant of formula???

Eveadel

Reaction score
Ive always had a feeling she may be intolerant of it as when I changed from BF to formula she developed Eczema (I thought it could of been just coincidental).

Well, Isabella was quite poorly with a virus for 4 days anf for 2 days she was unable to keep any milk down so we stopped and was only offering her water and guess what - her eczema cleared up completely.

I have been fobbed off by her paed consultant and my GP. Ive got another appt at GP later today, how and what should I do?????

My first son ben who is now 14 had terrible dry skin as a baby and i had to smother him in aqueous cream before his bath, he was really sick and used to bring up loads and it was suggested he had an intolerance to cows milk so he had to have the soya based one called wysoy which you can buy from the supermarket. I was lucky as the doc prescribed mine so i got it free but i dont think they do it on prescription now. I know they still do it in tescos though :D . Hope this helps xxx

Ah thanks Kayzee. Can you remember how old Ben was when you changed his milk over. Isabella is 5 1/2 months, just wondering if it is has as much vit & minerals, etc in it as her Cow & Gate No2 for hungrier babies?????????

Hi Eveadel, after lots of problems with Leorah I found out she is milk and soy protein intolerant, I have done lots of research and its actually more common than medical proffessionals have us realise. Many women give up BF because of it, I have continued but have cut all dairy and soy from my diet. Leorah had very bad tummy problems and eczema but within days was much better and her eczema hardly comes anymore, just a tiny patch around her eyebrows. I did accidently eat some hidden dairy and so I was prescribed dairy and soy free formula, I will warn you though it is awful and Leorah wouldn't drink it!

It has exactly the same vitamins and stuff in it as the normal baby milks but does smell funny compared to the cow and gate. I think ben was only a couple of months when he started being sick and his skin was getting worse, see what the doc says it might be worth a try ben loved it and was a really happy baby on it :cheer: :hug: xxxx

Went to docs last night and he has referred her to her paed consultant again as we was fobbed off last time. Gawd knows how long this is going to take, we have thought about going private.

Spoke to HV yesterday aswell as she is not keen her going on Soya Milk as they have been worring about the effects it has on the liver??????????????????

Hi everyone, I had a similar story with my GP and it took me 3 visits and lots of hysterics with my health visitor before they took me seriously about Lara... she did not have excema but was having blood in her nappies as soon as we introduced Aptimil.. 8 weeks later with blood every day and then a mild excema rash appearing we finally got to see a Paed at the hospital.. Lara is also cows milk intolerant and now on Nutramigen formula.

I know how worrying it is but keep hounding them about an appointment... it is very common for excema to be caused by milk / soy protein intolerances but as it is not seen as an emergency situation the GP's don't seem to take us seriously.. and most GP's just overlook it as a link but so many children are milk intolerant and the parents just never know cos not diagnosed properly! Even with blood in Lara's nappies every time they still fobbed me off.. but I would not back down so keep at them!!

We also use Oilatum for Lara's skin when dry.. its fab for excema type dryness and can buy it at Boots..its a nice thick cream and there is stuff for the bath too.

Hope you get it sorted and that Isabella feels better soon xxxxxxxxx

Anna Marie hi, I thought I remembered someone elses baby being MSPI. Leorah is too, we never had visible blood in her nappy but she had fissures. I also can't believe they didn't tell me that this is a common symton of a milk allergy. I am still BF but have cut all dairy and soy from my diet. I accidently ate some hidden dairy and it effected Leorah badly so our doc prescribed Nutramigen but she hated and screamed the house down, I gather Lara doesn't mind it then?

When will you try and introduce dairy into Lara's diet again? M;y HV told me to try eating some at 3 months and see if she reacts but that is this week and I am sure she can't tolerate it yet as my accident was only a few weeks ago. I may try eating some yyoghurt at 6 months.

Eveadel, how did the doc appointment go?

Hiya

Only just been able to come back on.

The referral has been sent to the consultant Im going to call tomorrow to see how long it will be before I get an appt, if that is going to be ages I will go private - it is so unfair on Isabella

We have just come back from Isabella's appt with Paed Consultant about her eczema and she has prescribed a formula called Pregestimil. Is any of your LO's on it???????????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back