Anybody recommend a nice blankets/shawl??

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
I have been searching for a nice white or cream blanket/shawl for a while now and everywhere I look they seem to be either to small, to rough, or just plain and tacky!

Has anybody bought one that they are really happy with?

ISH, that's the exact one I was eyeing up too! It seems to be the best I have found so far but like you.. Im not totally convinced and still looking..

Xx

cant help im afraid, ive made my own....and i love them cos theyre sparkly

Do you know anyone who knits? My mum got me a hand knitted one and I have to say its gorgeous! xx

ive knitted mine, then you can pick your own wool and make it perfect!
ive made 3 now and there stunning and very cosy. and its cheaper but you need to put the time in when knitting :) xxx

My mother in law has made me some she seems to be able to knock one together in a day thesedays ! Other than those I have bought 2 lovely shawls from Matalan really similar to the John Lewis one but they were only £8.

I got one as a present from M&S but its cotton not wool.

When I was a baby, I had a yellow knitted blanket with a simple satin edge. I don't know where mine is now, but I loved it and would like something like that for my kids! It's a classic! There's a white one here: http://www.thewoolcompany.co.uk/satin-trimmed-baby-blanket.html They have lots of other simple knitted blankets too.
x

Last edited:
My friend made me a crocheted blanket but I bought a minky one from sainsbury and I got a lovely soft knitted one from the junior j collection from debenhams! I love te multicoloured mamas and papas knitted blanket!

I have fallen in love with the mama and papas stripy ones too!! But can't bring myself to spend that much - going to give the pic to some knitting crazy friends and see what they can do!!!

Don't know if you have a home sense or tk maxx near you but they have some gorgeous blankets in there!all sizes and colours!

I also remembered the same friend made me a star shaped crouched blanket and it's fab!

mothercare do a satin trimmed baby blanket similar to one posted above which I've bought but it's not especially pretty and only comes in white I think.

I find baby shawls are made out of nicer material (acrylic) than regular cellular blankets which all seem to be cotton which ends up being rough. Theres a few nice shawls on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...313&_nkw=baby+shawl&_sacat=See-All-Categories.

Thanks ladies. In the end a lady has offered to knit me a shawl. Can't wait to see it :) x

I finally made up my mind and got this. Can't wait to get him all bundled up in it :D

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!iUE7F1g)dRuBO6lUSOHtQ~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqF,!iUE7F1g)dRuBO6lUSOHtQ~~60_12.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member