Any tips on BOOSTING your fertility?

Jaidy

Reaction score
Hey everyone!!

Just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on boosting fertility for us ladies TTC??

I have heard Green Tea is good so i'm gonna be guzzling that this month (even tho its gross!!) :pray:

Thanks!!

Apparantley cough medicine around ovulation time helps with CM which helps ransfer the sperm. Not sure what kind but I'm sure someone else will be able to advise you! There is a certain active ingredient it has to have in it.

iv heard that after sex to put a cushion under your bum to lift it up in the air, or if u want to get serious lift ya legs up in the air lol
and dont go running to the loo straight after

:lol: i did the legs in the air bit with this one as we were TTC for 2 yrs! an well it seemed to work after a bit!
xx

Cool gonna try keeping my legs in the air then.

Did any of you take pre-natal vitamins whilst trying to conceive?

i think i remember someone saying that milk was good to drink around the time of ovulation as it thickened the lining of the womb. I cant remember if that was the time to take it though but milk was definately mentioned.

Hiya,

I was taking folic acid tablets to begin with then started taking Sanatogen pro-natal.

Also other tips for conceiving are -

Don't use lubricants ( can kill sperm)
Don't get up straight away.
Cut down on caffeine.
Cut down on alcohol.
The man should take zinc supplements & have extra vit D.
Man should try & avoid wearing tight underwear :shock:
Both parties should quit smoking (if they smoke that is!!)
Try not to get stressed about it all.
Have loads of sex!!! :wink:
Chart your basal temp.
Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.

Hope it helps hun.

Nicki.x :D

Yeah im taking sanatogen pro-natal at the mo. Its ok to start taking that before you conceive isnt it?

Some great tips their Nicki, thanks alot. Did you and your OH do all of the above when trying??

Hi,

I read that evening primrose oil helps you make more egg white CM, therefore the little swimmers can get up there more easily!!

Hope this helps

Amy xxxx

PS im ovulating now :dance: :dance: fun tonight and fingers crossed for no AF in may!!
Baby dust to all

I've read that eating yams/sweet potatoe helps increase fertility
never tried it myself though

xSuzx

Im taking prenatal preggie vits, think they contain evening primrose oil.

What are yams, some kind of fruit? its funny all the things people read about fertility isnt it and what people do/take to get pregnant!!

Good luck baby dancing Mrs P, thinking of you and sending babydust!!

My ovualtion time is about a week and a half so a bit more of a wait for me.

Fingers crossed AF goes away and does not reappear for 9months xx

With the cough medicine, it should have guaifenesin/guaiphenesin as the active ingredient and make sure there arent any other active ingredients to counteract the guaifenesin.

You take it around your fertile time or from the first day you get EWCM.

The brand i use is Meltus chesty coughs, its vile tasting but itll be worth it.

For your partners there are vitamins and minerals that they can take to help increase count, mobility and produce stronger sperm.

Zinc is the most commom one for men to take, that increases sex drive and count.
Selenium to improve motility,
l-arginine to improve quality and count,
Calcium to help create sperm in the first place,
B-complex and vitamin C are recommended for general fertility.

It takes 3 months for new sperm to be produced so it is best to be taking these for at least 3 months.

Thats really interesting arcane girl, im gonna get some on that!!! Can you imagine the contents of my stomach aroung my fertile time?! Cough medicine, milk, honey, green tea, loads of pills, yams, lol.

So how long have you been TTC arcnare girl? Where are you in your cycle?

xxx

So far we have been trying 6 months, at the moment i am on day 13 of a 34 day cycle.

How about you?

Cool, you have a long cycle like me. Im 33 days. Im on day 8, so a little bit behind you.

When is your most fertile time this month??

hi when i was trying i layed on my back for 30mins after sex its called laying supine sometimes with a cushion under your bum and i concieved first time within 2 months second time within a month best of luck

i have heard the MACA - a Peruvian root vegetable powder is a really potent fertility booster for both men and women. its like ginseng - safe to take and a good alround tonic apparently. i got some from GNC but its expensive. been using it for a week - dont feel any different though.
good luck
i am ovulating now so will jump on DH tonight :wink:

Good luck kitteng, im rooting for you!!! Funnily enough hypnorm from the forum recommended that too so might be worth me trying it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back