Any team Green's had their scan yet?

Frog99

Reaction score
My OH and I have decided to stay team green but I'm a bit concerned that at the scan the sonographer will either blurt the sex out before asking us if we want to know, or that while they're using the wand thingie they'll hover over the genitals and I'll start guessing the sex, and say is that a 'dongle'?.

So for those who are team green and have had your scan, can you please help ease my fears and reassure me that I can stay team green....

Ooh - I'll be interested in the replies here, I have my scan on Thursday and have exactly the same concerns! I'm determined to stay team green, but I'm convinced the sonographer's going to give the game away, or Flipper will be waving his bits at us! :doh:

word of the week has to be 'dongle' I LOVE it!! Thanks for that one Snuggle :D

My scan is on 23 March so have ages to wait :bored: :bored: but I am determined to stay team green. Sorry honey, as they weren't telling the baby's sex 14 years ago (when I had my daughter :shock: ) from the scan then I can't comment, but I am sure they will show discretion and not blurt it out. Know what you mean though, I really want a surprise.

I'm going to have to explain my concerns to the sonographer before they start the scan I think - to make 100% sure that they don't say anything and don't let me see anything.

When I had my twenty week scan I wasn't sure what happened and thought they would tell me, I got all the way to the end and had to ask. They informed me that they do not look at the sex unless you ask them to, she had another look for me and we found out we were having a girl. But my friend wanted a suprise as she already had two boys but when they scanned her she could see that he was a little boy, but maybe she could tell as she had seen it twice before. Maybe if you tell them when they get there you don't want to know they could advise you when to look away. Good luck :hug:

I was so scared the sonographer would blurt out the sex of the baby, that when she asked how I was, I replied that "I don't want to know if it's a boy or girl". The sonographer was good though, she didn't let on even if she knew during the scan. I was trying not to look, but to be honest I struggled sometimes to know what I was looking at!

I wouldn't worry, sonographers will be used to people who don't want to know the sex of their baby. My biggest worry was that I was going to weaken and ask while I was there! I'm pleased I'm still team green

I will have mine a week on Monday, 2nd March - roughly same time as you. In our local hospital they have a policy of not telling. So I guess I don't have your problems, but I am sure they will ask you first!
Good luck!

i had mine last friday, if you don't want to know then i would say so before they start the scan. we didn't see a dongle and are still none the wiser as to what team we are :cheer: if you make it clear you don;t want to know, i am sure they will do their best to keep it that way.

good luck, hope you gave a fantastic scan :cheer: :hug:

shezza30 said:
My scan is on 23 March so have ages to wait :bored: :bored: but I am determined to stay team green. Sorry honey, as they weren't telling the baby's sex 14 years ago (when I had my daughter :shock: ) from the scan then I can't comment, but I am sure they will show discretion and not blurt it out. Know what you mean though, I really want a surprise.

Can't beat me Shezza I'm 27th March :lol: Booooo!!! :lol:
I'm determined to stay team green too but get a feeling I'll just want to know when we are there! DF said he will gag me though to stop me blurting out that I want to know :rotfl: Hope we don't see a dongle too to give the game away :lol: ( I love that word too hee)

I'm really hoping that curiousity won't get the better of me and I wont frantically be searching the screen for clues...

most people I've told that I'm staying team green think I'm mad for not wanting to know in order to decorate the nursery, buy clothes etc but I'm really looking forward to the surprise. Our nursery is going to be pale green and white and there are quite a lot of unisex garments out there for newborns.

I had my 20 week scan last week and as soon as we got in there my OH said "we dont want to know the sex".

The sonographer just got on and looked at what she needed to and talked us through everything but obviously didnt need to look "down there" as she never advised us to look the other way.

Apparently baby wasnt in a very good position anyway so it was a good job we didnt want to find out.

To be honest though I spent the entire time trying to see if I could work out whether it was a boy or a girl for myself !

kim83 said:
Can't beat me Shezza I'm 27th March

Me too! Seems like FOREVER doesn't it :( Ah well. I intend to tell the sonographer we don't want to know as soon as we walk in - that is unless we change our minds of course :?

We stayed team green and they didnt give any hints at all what the sex was and from what I was seeing I wouldnt have had a clue! They told us we wouldnt be told unless we specifically asked to know, she said they wait for the parents to actually ask what the sex is before they say anything at all about it. I wouldnt worry, just say as soon as you go in that you defintely dont want to know if you're worried :hug:

We stayed team green :cheer: it was really hard tho, but i think it must be our hospitals policy to not check unless you specifically ask, they have more important thinks to check like the heart etc. I was really straining my neck trying to work it out for myself, so was DH but we left none the wiser.

I'm glad we stayed team green - it makes it so much more exciting, i'm desperate to know what sex baby is tho! Aaaaaaaaaaah i cant wait!

oh im glad someone asked bout this cuz we wanna stay team green too :)

My scan isn't till 23w - 16th March :bored:

I've been told that the hospital policy is to not tell parents but that the sonographer has discretion to tell on a case-by-case basis. I guess that if the policy is not to tell, then it must be relatively easy not to show too!

We don't want to know, so we'll make that clear at the beginning of the scan so there's no ambiguity.

We had ours last week - Our sonographer asked if we were finding out the sex and we said no but I asked her how she would refer to the bean and she said 'always as a he but it doesn't mean you are having a boy.' She started at the head and worked down and when she got near the hotdog/cheeseburger I just looked away at hubby because I deep down really didn't want to know but he just stared at the screen then tells me after we left that he thinks it's a boy because he saw a 'dongle' but being as he's no expert it was probably the cord or something! :rotfl:

She was really good because afterwards when I started to cave a bit asking if she knew what sex the baby was she said she did but wouldn't tell us no matter how much we begged because our first answer was a definate no! :lol:

So glad we're team green :dance: :dance:

Good luck girls!

Kittykins said:
My scan isn't till 23w - 16th March :bored:

I've been told that the hospital policy is to not tell parents but that the sonographer has discretion to tell on a case-by-case basis. I guess that if the policy is not to tell, then it must be relatively easy not to show too!

We don't want to know, so we'll make that clear at the beginning of the scan so there's no ambiguity.

OMG Kitty your a greeny too :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back