any remedies/aggrevates to avoid...

trixipaws

Reaction score
for teething-related sore bottom?

millie has just cut another tooth, and i think some more back teeth are about to appear coz she's started waking at 3am and her poo smells really acidic and her bottom is red raw (my mum said me and my sis had sore bums and acidy poop when we were teething)

today has been a quadruplepoopio (four poopeys so far!) and they are quite sticky, so iv really gotta scrub with the wipes. the tears rolling down her cheeks (as i held her down and scrubbed at her sore red bottie with several wipes to get off the stubborn poopey for the 4th time since 7.30) was absolutely heartbreaking :(

i was wondering, are there any certain foods which aggrevate the acidy sticky poo that i can avoid feeding her?

also whats the best thing for 1. cleaning the sticky stubborn poo without being too harsh, and 2. soothing the rawness?

thanx in advance

I'd use cotton wool and warm water if her bum is really sore... it's gentler than wipes IMO. When E has a red bum I use Metanium...it usually has any problems under control within 12 hours. I only use it when I need to though.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I would also use water and cotton wool, we use Bepanthem which is good. When LO had really bad nappy rash when she was tiny we put egg white on it! Separate an egg, whisk the white and apply with cotton wool, leave the nappy off till its dry. Then keep the egg white in the fridge and it will be all cool and soothing. Dunno why, but it worked. I have also read on here that cornflour works.

I agree with the cotton wool and warm water suggestions, it's so much nicer for them than any wipes.

I always use 1% canesten cream, Tom's having the same problem at the moment :(

:hug:

when ky has a really sticky bum bum i put a bit of baby lotion on and wipe it away with his wipes, gets rid of the acidy smell to. the yellow cream from boots is fab when they're sore, stops the pain straight away. mmm.....cant think what its called :think: starts with an M i think. metainum? :think: :roll:

EDIT: baby lotion is great at getting the sticky weetabix poos off to!

just thought i'd update that day was not over, it ended up.... QUINTUPLEPOOPIO! :lol:

yes, five poopeys! and what a variety of poopeys, from the watery to the rock hard to the sticky :puke:

but her bottie is much better now, the metanium cream is genius!

and i was right it was teeth, iv found 2 more new ones! theyre popping up all over lol. one of them is another back one, bless her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back