Any other type 1 diabetics??

Baby bear10

Reaction score
Hi I've just found out I'm pregnant :D (only 6 weeks!) I know how important/scary the first few weeks can be. I'm a type 1 and have been for 20 years with crap control! Last few months have really been trying and my hba1c is 8.7 still quite high I know! My bloods the last week have been high can't seem to get them level. I had put it down to a dodgy insulin pen as since I've changed it my bloods have come down ( could well be in my head lol) i have my hospital diabetes check up Tuesday so will ask there but in the meantime if there's any tips/advice anyone can give me that would be brill :D. Thanks x

Your control is much better than mine when I had my first he was born very early but unsure if that because on my control or not because I got pre eclampsia but he is a very healthy boy and hardly get sick at all my hba1c was always above 10 and my control is stupidity crap no matter how hard I manage it but everyone's story's are different I think it's just a matter of crossed fingers just try to enjoy the pregnancy if I could go back it's the only thing I would change is to wish I could have enjoyed it more than worrying!! Congratulations

Hi :) im type 1 too, have been for 15 years. Like you, my control was awful when I found out but I managed to reign it in quite quickly and mostly through my pregnancy my hba1c was 5/6ish which was amazing for me! It was really tough but so worth it for your baba. Anyway....I had the perfect pregnancy all the way through until 35 weeks when my bp was beginning to rise and there were traces of protein in my urine (probably nothing to do with my diabetes) so was eventually induced at 37+5 as baby was measuring big anyway. Ended up with a section and my daughter was born january 2013 weighing a very healthy 9lb 14oz. I was terrified all through my pregnancy as I never imagined with my diabetes I would be able to have a healthy baby but it is possible! Any questions at all feel free to pm me hun xx

Hi :):) Thanks both I'd kind of given up on this post lol. Good to know others with higher hba1c to start go on to have healthy babies. Congratulations you must be thrilled! ( have a bit less to worry about ;)) I'm now 18 weeks and my last hba1c was under 7 so am really pleased it's coming down!! My diabetic nurse is a bit concerned that I'm hypoing too much sometimes 1/2 times a day. I'm just just juggling my lantus with getting the correct ratios with my meals and novo rapid!! :( I seem to be getting there slowly lol. Iv been going fortnightly to see the nurse. They picked up last time my blood pressure was a bit high and I had a bit of protein in my urine but they didn't seem too concerned! Yeah like you both I feel I'm not properly enjoying being pregnant but hopefully the tighter my control gets the more I'll relax! Counting down the days until my 20 week scan so I can see if everything is ok with baby!! Thanks again xx

Ha I'm on lantus the nurse put me back on it as she said it's the best one to be on while pregnant you sound in a good position!! Congratulations

Ha I'm on lantus the nurse put me back on it as she said it's the best one to be on while pregnant you sound in a good position!! Congratulations

Yeah I decided to stick with it too! Yeap am getting there thanks :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back