Any one else heard this scary 'fact'

star fish

Reaction score
My mum says that people tend to miscarry at the time their period would have been due. Something to do with the hormones and the body still cramping etc. Either 4 weeks, 8 weeks or 12 weeks, but it doesn't really affect you after that.

Its terrified me because i had my last mc at 8 weeks and i'm just coming up to that again now!

Does it sound like something that could be true? Any one else had a 'coincidence' like that?

Last edited:
I've never heard about that, but stay positive, try not to worry yourself. It's just might of been a coincidence. All the best of luck for you!

I've never heard that either hon and I had a missed miscarriage that, if I had miscarried naturally, would have ended at 10 weeks so doesn't fit x try not to worry hon (easier said than done I know)

i m/c at 7 weeks so that wouldn't have been right for me! xx

Do you know, I swear I've got PMT and period pains and spots and basically all the symptoms of Witch! Really scary!

Really wish I hadn't read this, ill be 8 weeks this weekend and had a mini breakdown this morning because I started spotting again! I'm going to forget I read this thread! Xx sure it's an old wives tale!

Really wish I hadn't read this, ill be 8 weeks this weekend and had a mini breakdown this morning because I started spotting again! I'm going to forget I read this thread! Xx sure it's an old wives tale!

Oh dear, sorry Nat! I'm 8 weeks this weekend too, and starting to get paranoid about every twinge. I'm sure I felt more sick yesterday than I do today, really worrying .....

All my OH keeps telling me is the worst thing I can do is worry, but it's easy for him to say, he don't have all the twinges and strange sensations going on. I'm like you keep trying to compare my symptoms day to day (not that I've got many) but I am trying to make a pact with myself to just forget everything and let what will be, be! Xx

Sigh.... yes, it's not like there is much we can do about it anyway... if it happens it happens....

As long as we take plenty of rest, gentle exercise, eat right, drink right etc etc, I think that I'm doing absolutely everything possible and more, but I still cant help worrying

Star Fish, I love you dearly.......but.......I'm gonna lock you in a cupboard until you're out of Tri1.

Now move away from the keyboard :lol:

I know its difficult not to worry in Tri 1 particularly but I'm gonna give it a good try.

:oooo:^^^^ lol, thanks Kitty. I think I need a swift cuff to the back of the head

Total Paranoia right now:oooo:

I had heard this & asked my Midwife, she said no its not true but it is not uncommon to get a bit of spotting around the time u would normally have ur period which I did have x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back