• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Ideas How I Can Change His Mind?

bubble_dreamer

Reaction score
i named kurt and beth and stupidly told OH that he could choose the name this time round :doh:

Being that we dont know what it is he has chosen a name for a girl and a boy the one he has chosen for a girl i like so thats not a problem. But i really dont like the name he has chosen for a boy :shakehead:

I have tried suggesting other names but he really isnt having any of it! :lol: so at the moment i am just praying that its going to be a girl :pray: :lol:

Anyone got any ideas how i can change his mind :lol:

can you tell what he has chosen and what i did was find kids that i did'nt like with the same name to put him off lol

For a girl he has chosen Rubie
and for a boy he has chosen Jake - dont get me wrong i like the name and no offence to anyone who has a child called Jake but it reminds me of the great big orange tweenie LMAO :lol:

oh no that must be so annoying, have you told him you dont like it... i understand he wants to name the baby but should you both not LIKE the name.

Hope you can change his mind, or the name grows on you!

Can you not tell him you have an ex called jake and it would remind you of him!! haha... i am sure he would start to hate it then! LMAO xxxx

Oh dear bet you wish you could take that back :(

maybe you could have a tallk and say that at the end of the day while you would like him to choose the name it is going to have to be something you dont hate - imagine hating the name you give your child for rest of your life! maybe he could draw up a list of names he likes and you can cross of any that really offend you and then he can choose from the rest ?

once we had three names that we liked for a boy i let my hubbie choose the final name once he was born (although he ended up being all indecisive and asked what i thought - bless!)

hope you solve it without too many argumnents (you could always pull the old 'i'm pregnant and this is stressing me out and i'm not allowed to get stressed!!!!') :D

x

I think the best way around this would be to go out there and find a BETTER name that hubby likes too.
Good luck!

BTW I like the name Jake anyway :)

I agree with Urchin try and think of a better name... i also think jake is a really nice name... *my sons middle name* lol

xx

i did say no offence meant Amy!! :lol: I just cant help that it reminds me of one of the tweenies probably wouldnt be so bad if we hadnt had 2 cats named Bella and Milo after the tweenies thanks to my son :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers for the ideas girlies he is off work tomoz for a change so time for some serious persuasion/grovelling/blackmail to come i think :lol: :lol:

LOL i dont mind! every ones got their own taste!! Hope you get round him! :d xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back